The Lure Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got to thinking about what kit I've got laying around for a crossover... Anyway I've found an old quiver tip rod and a tiny feeder reel loaded with 8lb braid...

Do you reckon it'd be passable kit to try out LRF/HRF "properly?"

It's old and dead so not worried about prolonged exposure to salt water... if it dies it's dead and I'll bin it...

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Robert,
I first tried with 20lb braid and my DemonBlood.So while your set up isn't going to be ideal. It can definately work.

For some cheap lures that worked and got me started try 1.5-2" curly tailed grubs (**** has some) some size 6 light wire sea hooks and a tub of mixed sized split shot- All you need to try LRF for a few quid. Be warned though it is addictive!!

·
Registered
498 Posts
give it a go robert, when i 1st started looking at lrf rods it reminded me of the old quiver rods, but quiver rods come in all different sensitivity/lengths etc, good advice off dave and have a look at some lightweight metals, agm have some now and again round the 3-5g cheap as chips, give it a whirl you love it mate

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
I know nothing about quiver tips, just give it a go, AGM have lots of bargain basement stuff you can try without breaking the bank.

·
Banned
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nice one for the replies guys. I'm gonna give it a bash tomoz and see what happens... I've got some little grubs and have butchered a slug which has an awesome action on little hooks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts