The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Funny init....I had these lures in stock for 3 years and hardly sold any, then our scouse mate Neil catches a rake of bass on them a week or two ago and everyone wants them now!!Shame they are discontinued and we cant get them. Maybe the DIY boys could make you some Richie...

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I can't believe the fish are that fussy Richie or that anyone has made a wonder SP. Don't get sucked in by the hype!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I can't believe the fish are that fussy Richie or that anyone has made a wonder SP. Don't get sucked in by the hype!
I agree, its more about types than specifics.

Much more to it than just the lure like, where to put it, when, how deep, etc etc...

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny init....I had these lures in stock for 3 years and hardly sold any, then our scouse mate Neil catches a rake of bass on them a week or two ago and everyone wants them now!!Shame they are discontinued and we cant get them. Maybe the DIY boys could make you some Richie...
Yeah mad eh! Neil gave one to me and i used it twice, had two fish on it and then cracked it off! Gutted as I really like them. Sure its not just the S.P guys but its about confidence and these made me feel confident

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
The thing with that good catch that Neil had (28 I think) was he was suddounded by old Jeriais anglers that have had the same Red Gill on their rods since the 70's, I am sure they could as easily out fish Neil on the right day, but on those particular days he was beating them the fact that he had a modern fast action rod that could punch out his head and softie further into the wind, and the fact that the fish were probably in front of him helped alot. Like Paul says, its not worth chasing, you become a wabbit I believe. I recon a One Up Shad, Rolling Shad or any thick bodied paddle would have done the job. The Rolling Shad (as you know) is very simular to the Devil Shad, just minus the stick on the tail. Confidence does pay a big part in it indeed Richie, fair comment mate.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts