The Lure Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bass of the top.... DONE!!

I tell you what, the fish have simply showed up, and they is hungry!! Been so long with no fish, I am doing nothing different, same marks and suddenly I am catching.

Popped out for "an hour" last night.

Few casts at the first mark, still missing my baby feed shallow which is bobbing about off the west coast somewhere so put his big brother on, the action isn't the same and the big one doesn't dive so well.

Anyway, nothing at mark 1.

move to mark 2. This looks a bit calm, mirror like infact and hardly any tide in an area where it would have been making 4 knots 2 hours earlier. Why not. CHUG BUG!!

1st cast, hits the water, rest, big chug, rest, couple of chugs swirl, spray everywhere fish on!!!

It wasn't a big fish but that's my first bass landed off the top.

ChugBug19.06.jpg

About 2lb. Released quickly.

Next cast, big chug and the line parted. What??!! FFS. frayed braid. Always check your line guys... At least it was a chug bug not a patchinko eh!!

Clipped the feed on again and tried for a bit but I had a feelin it would be surface interest only that night and not a sniff for a few casts I called it.

Oh, and my mate was fishing live eel next to me for an hour before I got there and left with me, he didn't get a touch!! To say he's taken interest is an understatement, if you want stock off AGM you better get there before he works out how to order rather than just look!!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
Congratulations on your first bass off the top Andy. Another great report as well!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nice one Andy,
You seem to be making all the right moves bass wise at the moment, Love that your showing the bait guys that sometimes lures are the better option.
Tight lines

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well done mate.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Nothing to stop you now Andy, you are on a roll :-D well done on the fish and a great report !

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice going Andy! Looks like u are in for an awesome season down there!!

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well done, Andy - good old Chug Bug!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts