The Lure Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of a bass and a mullet, which one will jump, with it's whole body clearing the surface out of the water more regularly?

I have my own idea but I'd love to hear what you guys think to see if it backs up my findings.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
mullet, especially around 3/4-2.5lb size.
Very seldom see bass jump in close to the shore, unless they are hammering a concentration of bait.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Mullet.

Bass can and do jump but way, way more infrequent.

Bass leave swirls, humps and big holes as they turn back down after taking a bait. Water depth and bait position in the water column determines how much of themselves they give away.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Si,
Tarpon!! I blame global warming!!

I am off out for YellowFin Tuna-I wish!!

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Mullet all the way,I love watching them but its both exciting and infuriating at the same time.
I am always amazed how close they will come in even with kids playing in the sea.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
especially in the evening at dusk when its quiet your relaxed ,then bloody graet laep almighty splash which usually wakes you up bit likw mild heart attack lol

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mullet for me too - so infuriating!
Tell me about it Alex! I stopped counting after seeing it happen 16 times on Monday evening/night. Everyone made me jump because it was so close in. I threw everything at the water, presented the lures in most ways imagineable and was getting Jack Schitt and rather annoyed. So it had to be mullet. I've had fish jump before loads of times, but never so many in such a short space of time.

Sea Trout have been caught, but it is very very very rare in my neck of the woods, Matt. I'd love it if there were more sewin.

Thanks a lot one and all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts