The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HRF session this evening...

Started off with a small SP, nothing doing, switched to a baby feed shallow and wham!! Fish on!!

Schoolie of about 2lb, gave a good account on the Infeet

Schoolie1.JPG

Then I decided to move along a bit and swapped to a small 3 inch shad on a 7g head, bumping it through on the bottom.

On the 2nd cast I watched in amazement as a huge bass followed the lure right to the edge of the rocks and then took it in front of my face in a foot of water, he started to move off so I just lifted to set the hook and it didn't stick!!! ARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH

Undetered I cast again, the lure was bumping through gently when I felt a gentle bump, lifted the rod and it all went very very solid, then it started to go a bit mental, 10lb braid screaming off the reel, rod unable to do anything.

10 minutes later and I had tired the monster out and what a fish it was!!! OMG OMG I was thinking as I found someone along the rocks to net it for me.

Mouth1.JPG

Can you see the lure down there?? I could stick my whole hand in to get it out!!!!!

9-12.JPG

What a fish. 88cm and 9lb 12oz on my digi scales. Oh so very close to the magic 10 but a new PB for me by a pound exactly.

After all the faffing and taking photo's I got it back in the water and she swam away very strongly.

I called everyone and their dog to report it for the club etc etc.

decided I should really have another chuck so same thing, cast out, trippign the lure through and the same thing happens again.!!!!!

Bloody hell!!!! Another big bass is on the infeet and trying it's best to snap my 10lb braid or bend the hook out.

I managed to muscle it in quicker this time and it was just lip hooked.

Mouth2.JPG

I did the same again with the scales but this time they settled with 9-15-8, half an ounce off 10lb.

I decided since it was healthy I would run it in the van to go on the club scales. Couldn't find them... different scales going from 9-12 to 9-15-8, so it was definitely another HUGE bass.

located the club scales and a very fast drive to them where it went 9-12, same as the other one, peas in a pod.

It had now been out the water a while so I rushed ot the nearest beach, waders on and n there with it for 10 minutes until she finally kicked my hand off her and she swam away into the surf. Amazing.

And then I realised I hadn't taken a proper picture of her.

Well who cares, it looked just like the first one!!!!

So there you go. HRF rocks!!!!!

I'm knackered but too excited to do anything like sleeping but I best try. Work early tomorrow...

Attachments

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Bloody Nora Andy !!! What a session, and what a pair of Shirleys !!!!! That is a HUGE fish for just under the double !! Must have been a long lean fish :eek:

Absolutley superb work, and i bet that the tough sessions you've been having will be a distant memory by about 'now' !!

Excellent excellent work :clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They were both very lean fish, nothing in the stomach at all by the feel of them, you can see that in the photo.

I'm so buzzing it's amazing!!! 7 months it's been since I had a bass of any size and two 9-12's come along within half an hour of each other. Guess where I will be tomorrow!!!!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Flippin' 'eck Andy!!!!! BRILLIANT!!!! :p

Just show's what you can do with 10lb braid!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Very Well Done M8 - you will be lucky if you sleep tonight after catching them , one coming along must of made you happy but then to get another one!

Pass some of that luck along , would love to hook into and land a big one - will keep trying!

Good work on getting them both in and back swimming - even after taking one for a drive around!

Dont think you will be saying they are the wrong colour ;-)

·
Registered
779 Posts
what a cracker - well done (well deserved)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Great catch Andy.
Got me itchin' to get out. This year started pretty slow for me, but once I got off the mark, I've been pretty happy with how things have gone, but this has got me all keen to get out & give the softs a proper go on some of the rock marks around here.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Incredible catch – well done indeed :clap::clap:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Andy, trip of a lifetime (well it would be for me!). Great angling on light gear and you have put in the hard hours this season to deserve those fish. Good luck in the comps with the fish you entered!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts