The Lure Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Walter (formerly Reyes) calling. Firstly, let me start by saying I know nothing about these products or life jackets in general so I would love to hear your views.

I was going to add this to a previous thread regarding flotation devices / vests but thought I might as well start a new one. There are a few inflatable vests out there if you search, especially from the high-end fly fishing manufacturers. However, if you don't want to spend a fortune the video link below features the Airflo Wavehopper Inflatable Automatic Fly Vest from Tackle Discounts, it seems great value. The video is of the more expensive automatic model which retails for £125.99, but elsewhere on their site is the manual version which retails for £107.99, available for a couple of pounds less at Atkins Angling.

I am a bit of a clumsy so and so and it would seem a great idea to combine a fishing vest and flotation device! I wonder are they much heavier than a regular fishing vest, the video claims there is little or no added weight but who knows? If the link doesn't work just go to tacklediscounts.co.uk.

http://www.tacklediscounts.co.uk/p-7525-airflo-wavehopper-inflatable-automatic-fly-vest-large.aspx

·
Registered
884 Posts
Its a good idea all right.. don't know what the weight the Airflo vest is but cant be much heaver than a standard life jacket. once you got one on you never notice the weight..

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Definitely a good idea Walter! I've put my own safety much further up my priorities list this year and now use one of the Japanese lifejacket/vests. Couldn't recommend wearing something like it more highly. There are a couple filtering in now from the likes of Ultimate that are made more specifically for saltwater lure fishing (rather than Game), and they'll be worth a look at too when they're more readily available - although most are foam based rather than auto-inflate. Which you prefer is up to you though and for the price the Airflo ones look more than worthy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts