The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Four days from Japan, 12 days from Coventry to Whitby (the japanese have bullet trains we have Parcelforce ?? ). Any way now I have got it what am I going to strap to it, will be using 15lb Power Pro to start off with all input gratefully received.

Les

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
i use a Pfluegar Supreme but have stuck my twinpower 4000FC on it a few times with no issue.

You're gonna love the rod!! especially if you are used to normal plugging rods.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Hey Andy, you are satisfied with the Pflueger and how many sessions you had been out with it? Which size you are using?

Cheers
Thomas
I have the 8035MG which is 2500 size I think. http://www.jannsnetcraft.com/pflueger-spinning-reels/043388216601.aspx

Superb reel IMO. If it had a service port it would get 10/10 from me, as it is, 9/10.

have had it a while now, use it for all my HRF work, landed some hard fighting fish including the two 9-12 bass I had on the infeet (they took a lot of line in several very powerful runs and it was very quick to react), wrasse to 4-8-0 and it has been faultless. Nothing has gone wrong though it is starting to grind a bit as it's rather hard to get inside to lube it up. The edge of the spool seems to chip easily, but I am VERY hard on reels, rarely take notice of how they lie on a rock or whatever and it's never been washed.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Must admit I've been looking at the certate and tempted but I'm like Andy heavy on reels just by the very nature of where I fish, all my reels are well maintained but look as though they have been trodden on by a herd of cows after a few months.
Took the rod out this evening in the back field tied on a shad rap minus hooks and gave it a few swats, A word my kids would use is awsome and they wouldn't be wrong, will have to see how it fishes with the plastic.
Anyone tried hard plastic with these also.

Many thanks
Les

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I've tried smaller hard lures Les and it's OK with those, up to a baby feed shallow size, had a 5-3 using it with a Sasuke 105 earlier this year. No problems. Not much good for surface work obviously but it would come with a surface plug in weight I guess if you needed to and didn't have another rod with you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts