The Lure Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a tentative post to see if anybody is interested in an introduction (or baptism by fire!) to popping for GT's?

Date: Early Dec 2010
Trip Provider: www.Oceanactive.com

I am currently speccing out a trip to Musandam in Oman for a 6 day trip with 4 popping days.This will be 3 days popping for GT's and one day light tackle / fly fishing for Dorado.
It will be a liveaboard on a traditional dhow at the fishing grounds and then fast fast FAST centre console for popping from - this is limited to 3 or 4 anglers but a 2nd centre console is available if we get extra people.

There will hopefully be light tackle jigging in the evenings from the dhow.

Rought cost estimate is £2600pp based on 3 anglers and includes transfers from Dubai and liveaboard (inc food / drink - beer is extra $$). There is popping gear available but lures need to be bought there or take your own kit - bass gear may suffice for jigging and dorado!

Flights are NOT included (typically around £500pp)

Anyone interested please drop me a PM - I will be prospectively booking the trip in August.

G

·
Been diving in musandam - lots of big fish (saw two whale sharks). Lots of surface action on the way to the site - was bloody hot though (July) - water was 38oC and surface 50+ with 100% humidity. Dec should be much nicer

1 - 2 of 2 Posts