The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is buying too much fishing tackle a certifiable illness.

After moving house seven times in the last five years, I finally had time to gather together most of my fishing gear. I'm talking small items eg. terminal tackle, lures, plastics, hooks, weights, flies etc etc etc. I cannot believe the mounds of stuff I have. If I wasn't an angler I would say that I had serious mental health issues.
Of course this has all been done whilst my other half is out all day today, as I knew that I was going to unleash a monster when I started recovering it all from all over my various stashing points.
But seriously I must get out more often & try & loose some more of this stuff before anyone find it

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
er... no! What answer do you expect round here Nige?
I thought I might get some sympathy, medical advice, or non prescription drugs recommended to help me. I'm serious Tim my ex wife was right, I do have too much fishing tackle.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
You're right Nige...It's a serious illness and the only cure is to give at least 50% of your tackle away.........Name and address supplied........:muttley::muttley::muttley:

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are a saviour Trev. That's exactly what the Samaritans said I should do when I was on the phone to them.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Nige,
Now you have it all sorted and in one place how are you going to hide it from "She Who Must Be Obeyed"???

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Luckily there is a loft space above the garage that is my domain & it is hidden up there.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I thought I might get some sympathy, medical advice, or non prescription drugs recommended to help me. I'm serious Tim my ex wife was right, I do have too much fishing tackle.
Denial is probably best Nigel. I haven't got a problem, its everyone else. Well it works for Henry (and me). Honestly, I've got bags and bits all over the place, inside and out. Plugging gear, a ( large bag)with sp's jigheads etc, boat bags, general pier fishing bags, mullet bag, and heaven knows where all the other items in smaller bags and boxes are.

Still, at least I don't have a problem, do I?

Gary

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Tim, hopefully you can help me dispose of some soft plastics on Thursday :)

Gary I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that I'm not the only sicko on this forum

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Is buying too much fishing tackle a certifiable illness.

After moving house seven times in the last five years, I finally had time to gather together most of my fishing gear. I'm talking small items eg. terminal tackle, lures, plastics, hooks, weights, flies etc etc etc. I cannot believe the mounds of stuff I have. If I wasn't an angler I would say that I had serious mental health issues.
Of course this has all been done whilst my other half is out all day today, as I knew that I was going to unleash a monster when I started recovering it all from all over my various stashing points.
But seriously I must get out more often & try & loose some more of this stuff before anyone find it
Mate I'm just going through exactly the same thing myself! Didn't realise how much I'd aquired over the past 6 years since my last move and found myself dumping old reels and HUGE amounts of terminal tackle in the bin, giving rods to workmates, offering half of my boat gear free to a local club etc etc And that's before I even get to the stuff that's worth eBaying!

Worst of all, I got into casting in quite a big way a few years back so got myself a few hernia poles with matching reels... Then along came plugging and they've been gathering dust ever since!!!!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I think you qualify as normal on here Nigel....what ever that is...

When you start buying Van Staal pliers at $360 a time you may be on the edge........ You haven't got a set by any chance.....

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Its a sad but serious thread! Doing just about every form of fishing going, I have so much stuff (again hidden in various places) but worst of all I have my own (wife banned) outside building/workshop and so nature abhors a vacuum - I have to fill it. I still buy stuff that I really dont need and of course, one of everything is not enough, you always need a spare and thats not flies/lures its rods and reels! I guess its the same disease that sends my wife clothes shopping when she has wardrobes full of clothes - there is just something really nice about having fishing tackle let alone using it.
Is there a doctor in the house?!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Shock therapy Tim that's the only way....240 volts to the left button on the mouse....Ouch!!!

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think you qualify as normal on here Nigel....what ever that is...

When you start buying Van Staal pliers at $360 a time you may be on the edge........ You haven't got a set by any chance.....

Trev when I come across those Van Staal pliers they are yours

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Such generosity is overwhelming...almost brings me to tears.....

You'll be telling me next you have a set:shock: Probably like my Von Stools...rusted up....;-);-)

1 - 20 of 59 Posts