The Lure Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure no one's going to help me but it's worth asking;):lolsign:
I'm spending a week on the island from 16th August fishing from the rocks and beaches hard and soft lures, where would you recommend going?
Booked a cottage in the south west area Brada, if anyone fancies a fishing companion let me know the wife would be very happy.
:mexwave::bannaparty::bangin:
Thanks in anticipation.
Bob:)

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Bob there is some very good pollack & wrasse fishing down south. If you want bass then you are going to have to put the miles in & travel north.

Are you bringing a car, donkey or tandem??

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay cheers Nigel anything's gotta be better than the Isle of Sheppey at the moment, the bass are very small here this year only had 1 keeper.

I'll be fishing mainly the south area but will try a couple of sessions up north, got a car so distance no problem.

What time of tide would you recommend for bass fishing?

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Okay cheers Nigel anything's gotta be better than the Isle of Sheppey at the moment, the bass are very small here this year only had 1 keeper.
I'm not sure whether you 'keeper' comment is just a turn of phrase Bob, but TBH that has put me off putting you on any marks.

I know that most, if not all the other Manx anglers on here will feel exactly the same. As far as I'm aware, we all practice catch & release.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No worries Nigel I understand no one likes to give away good fishing marks, by the way I will be releasing any fish caught hopefully have some photos when I return.

Great forum this is I've got a lot of good information from it, looking forward to my visit cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts