It finally happened - Now need gataride alternatives | Page 2 | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

It finally happened - Now need gataride alternatives

Discussion in 'Diving Hard Lures' started by {name}, Aug 18, 2011.

1. Amberjack

put a thread out and see who wants to shift one

I have one I don't use, feels weird to me, I would swap you for something. I'm at the bumble in Weymouth.

2. Pollock

Really??? i was made up when i first did mine couldnt stop doing it .. saying that better to flop it back a few hundred times rather than break it on the first snag????

3. TLF Super Poster

Same as mate, did exactly the same thing, it won't take as long as you may think to wear out though!

4. Striper

I tend to glue the lip in the down position - will rescue your two broken ones ... and be more careful in future!!!!

5. TLF Super Poster

Unfortunately these two had already been glued in the down position... To be fair, they've had a good life as far as zonks go, used and abused. It was my own fault for fiddling with them other wise they'd still be in the bag and fishable...

6. TLF Super Poster

So come on guys there must be something with a similar casting/action/feel on the market???

7. Striper

Have you tried the Ima komono II. It runs much shallower but has an awesome wiggle.
    But if you want to catch fish for sure, try the saltiga minnows F14. Not glam, not expensive but absolutely killer. I catch more on them than anything else. Get a sardine and a rainbow chart. Honestly I can outcast my zonks with them. And they wiggle and vibe right up your arm. The 17 version goes even further and is pretty stable in the rough stuff. However whacking the 14 through the surf seems to catch more.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TLF Super Poster

Got a couple of Komomo's... I like the sound of the saltiga's though, will check them out now..

9. Striper

Just buy some more Gaterides ... personally I rate them highly and my two have a good catch record - the chaps over in Ireland will testify to the cruising Blue being a killer colour over there ...

10. Pollock

cruising blue and gg Iwash killer over here mate;-)

11. TLF Super Poster

Well I may have to bite the bullet and get a couple more gata's.... Pearl Rainbow and Hama Shirasu for me I think!!!!

12. Pollock

Hama is top mate but dont over look the crusin blue;-)

13. Striper

14. TLF Super Poster

Cheers Andy, I've got a couple of DC-12's, to be honest I'm not actually that keen on them.... Same situation with Duo Tide Minnows, don't get the hype....

15. Salmon

Robert,
    If you "don't get" DC12 and TideMinnows-Give them here.
    Both hammer bass around here, Out fish the gataride for me by a WIDE margin.

16. Striper

Rob. send those dc12's my way man, the thing is bloody deadly.

I love mine!

17. Salmon

Oy Pete, I asked first!!!
    I have to agree I think the DC12 is a bit of a dark horse, one of the most reliable lures in my box.

18. Sea Trout

You could try a osp rudra, runs a bit deeper than the gataride but an outstanding lure. Or you could try some daiwa lures like the shorelineshiners.

19. Striper

let me guess AYU sir??

20. Salmon

Pete,
    AYU is very good, but the Matt Iwashi is even better!!!