The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having turned myself completely insane from working too many hours lately, I escaped the confines of the house for about an hour yesterday evening for a spot of 'tackle testing'. Everywhere is "just down the road" here so it wasn't long before I was fishing. I just jammed a couple of lures in my pockets so that I wouldn't mess around. Second cast over some rocky ground and I was in to a bass. 5 seconds later it was off again, and I actually blame the rod because it felt so much more powerful than I'm used to. Felt like it's stiffness pulled the hook.

Within a few more casts I'd discovered that I was stood in front of a shoal of mackerel. I had 2 on a 90mm lure and then as the light began to go I had 2 scad - first of the year. A quick wander to some lumpier ground for a few casts had me in to a pollack. Not the monster bass I'd hoped for, but another species.

Nice to be out again anyway, even if it was only brief.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
All work and no play is just no good Ben, nice to hear you have been out and you can still catch fish :wink:

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I do envy your location mate, some nice marks around you. Shame on losing the fish, what rod were you using??

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will be able to tell you more soon Matt. It's actually a really, really good rod, just a bit stiffer than I'm used to - very much like a Supermix. I'll be out again over the next couple of days so fingers crossed for a few more fish then.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha, plenty of squirrely stuff to be revealed on the 28th mate :p

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Glad to see you are still keeping your hand in Ben!

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Good to see you getting back out Ben..................and don't worry mate it always feels stiffer when you haven't been using it for a while......:muttley::muttley:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts