The Lure Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was losing faith in my ability to lure fish of late, I haven't had the time to do lots of lure fishing as I've been showing a few of my mates how to fish. Lures don't seem to be grabbing them at the moment (apart from one who is getting into it, and he hasn't even caught anything yet, I say fair play to him), plus they haven't really got the kit for it as yet, so we've been doing that other type of fishing that will not be mentioned.

Anyway, the last 2 weeks I have been putting in a lot more time into lure fishing and I decided to hit Bon Nuit and see whether there are any squid about, not much happening so I headed homeward and stopped off for a bit of plugging down at the pool along the front. After about an hour, and a couple of waves trying to knock me in the pool, success! Not a massive fish but a bass, which made me happy, as fish is a fish to me! I can't actually remember the last lure caught species I had (probably a Wrasse), unfortunately due to my little man I have limited time to fish and it’s good to finally have a bass on a Lure, plus it’s the first lure caught one this year! Had plenty of bass this year, but by b**t fishing, which just isn't the same. So my confidence has finally had a lift and hopefully this won't be my first and last bass of the year! I'll post the pic I got later on, it’s a good example that bass have eyes bigger than their stomach!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Fair Play m8 - hope some more folow soon for you.

was the last lure fish for you the Raymondo?

See to much time with smelly fingers and you loose the grip on lures.

To much time on your hands at work I reckon tho, posting catch reports, day dreaming about last nights catch etc.

And now you got Mark on about Big Girls - think he should be thinking about the bass more tho , not his nights out in the Havana :)

Good luck and get out there with them Gobies and catch a big porker (im meaning wrasse mark)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice one JP! Was it at that bit I mentioned? You are off the mark now for the year, just in time for the big girls.
It was indeed the spot you mentioned, cheers for the tip. It wasn’t a massive fish but all I cared about was the confidence boost. Helped that 2 other gents were down there and blanked, they left and 2 mins later I had a fish on. I’m out with the lads this weekend by the sounds of it if ya free ya can come join us?

My mate Damo keeps banging on about Rozel after the fish he had done there, he won’t listen on how lucky he was getting it!

Fair Play m8 - hope some more folow soon for you.

was the last lure fish for you the Raymondo?

See to much time with smelly fingers and you loose the grip on lures.

To much time on your hands at work I reckon tho, posting catch reports, day dreaming about last nights catch etc.
You know I hate to admit it Dave, but I think your right, that Ray was my last catch and I don’t even want to think about how long ago that was, got to stay positive!!!

Going concentrate on the lures from now on, even the missus complains at the smell when I come back from a b**t session!

Oh and my boss is out of the office so I have some "spare time" as it were.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts