The Lure Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every bait fisherman I've seen while out having fun with the LRF kit always says agreeingly "yep, thats the way to do it", yet none of them ever do! There seems to be massive agreeance out there in favor of light tackle, but absolutely no-one bothers doing it. Despite it being "the way". One of life's contradictions.... ;-)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Every bait fisherman I've seen while out having fun with the LRF kit always says agreeingly "yep, thats the way to do it", yet none of them ever do! There seems to be massive agreeance out there in favor of light tackle, but absolutely no-one bothers doing it. Despite it being "the way". One of life's contradictions.... ;-)
In here it happens the same with lure fishing in a general way.
Many bait fishermans see that it produce more and bigger fish, still they won't chance.
I have the prime example of my dad, he's caught the biggest fishes of his life always while fishing with softbaits with me (meagres and seabass).
STILL! He does prefers bait fishing, the endless years of blankness bait fishing...

Well I guess some people like to fish that way and that's it.

I don't mind, if they are having fun and are not catching and killing under lenght seabass, then I really don't mind at all :)

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Could it be that as with some carp anglers that I have known in the past,its all about just chilling out and reclining in the chair with minimum activity ?
I have known "session" anglers that I think were more into the "camping out thing" than actually catching fish and also escaping from the wife etc.
Lure fishing is about "hunting" and being mobile and "on the ball".

·
Registered
519 Posts
your on the money nick, some of the guy's i know like to do nothing more than go fishing, clip a bell on the rod and read books, if they catch they do and if not they've chilled out, they all moan about me getting over technical about fishing.

kev

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah good call actually Nick. Can see where that's coming from. Ties in with Pedro's point too!

I had to chuckle yesterday as well when the guy I was talking to was telling me about the kit he uses from his kayak, and happily pointed out that the rod he uses is in fact lighter than my 'broom handle' Finezza! ;-)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts