The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Thanks Bob, for the first, maybe second, time this year, I shall put my TV on this evening - assuming it still works, lol.

·
Registered
268 Posts
We aint that techonlogically disadvantaged around here you know. Its got the proper fitting for the back wheel of my bike to slot into it and all sorts :D:D:D:D

Bloody well needs to have for the 13 and 6 I paid for it too ;)

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Sarcastic Bob or... I thought it was alright, be interesting to see what lures would take initial hits of that fish.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
hmm, tends to be a little overdramatic for my liking. But you've got to give it to him, fishing programme at prime time against Eastenders is not to be sneezed at.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Does make you wonder though how many hours fishing was put in to produce that actual program, quite a few I imagine.

·
Registered
172 Posts
What a fish!
I have only ever caught one tiger - 5lb from Lake Kariba. One day I plan to fish the Zambezi down towards Mozambique as they get some nice ones there. I was initially surprised when he rigged up with tandem trebles as they have very very hard mouths and the boys I fished with all swore by 1/0 singles honed (and I mean honed) razor sharp to get good hook holds. Oh yeah - and don't forget to bow the rod when the fish jumps :grin: A Goliath is something else though! If it wasn't such a s**t hole I'd love to go... I expect I'd be in the tropical disease unit for at least a month on my return ;)

·
Registered
949 Posts
Pure class, a great program. He's my fave angling presenter by a mile. Proper specimen hunter stuff. In particular I thought the way the failed revival and his thoughts about having to give the fish up to the villagers came across really well.

Tim Murphy - great comment that about the herbs!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Its great to see a fishing show in a prime time slot and I think its because its got more general appeal than other out and out fishing shows. I really enjoy his shows, the weird and wonderful fish he catches and some of the crazy places he goes to catch them is fascinating. I think I need to get me some of those herbs too.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Why didn't he just use one of the children for bait?? Sounds like that's the way to get results :-o

That guy jumping in the river to release his net - bonkers!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Did any of you catch that other program on last year cant remember the name but the guy was called Cedric I think he was French Canadian and he went to some good places and had some great top-water sport.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts