After having a lot of fun recently catching pollock and small wrasse on sp's using my bass setup, which isn't exactly all that suitable for this kind of fishing. I've decided to take the plunge into this world of ultra light fishing and tbh I'm a little confused.:-? I've been doing a lot of reading lately and trying to get my head around this stuff but I still have lots of questions.
- First off in relation to the rods. I think I've narrowed it down to getting two rods, namely the Cormoran ULF and ULX but I'm not sure which length to get?
- My thinking is that the ULF is more of an MRF rod and should be suitable for most of the light stuff I plan on doing at the moment and probably better to start off with? Where as the ULX as I understand it is more of a true LRF rod and what I would plan using as I got the hang of this type of fishing and as conditions allowed. Does that make any sense or am I talking ****e?
- I've been trying to figure out what reel or reels I would need to balance these rods, would a 2500 sized shimano balance both rods?
- I still haven't decide how much I want to spend on the reel but the short list at the moment is the Exage 2500 FB, Cormoran Black Star 2500 (not sure about the size) or possibly the Rarenium Ci4 2500 FA. Anyone use any of these reels with the ULF or ULX and how do you find them?
- What about line, would 10lb or 15lb powerpro be OK to start with? I'm not sure how light to go initially but I think all those reels come with spare spools but I'm just trying to figure out what I should put on both of them?
- What about rod protection? They look like quite delicate rods so I'm assuming that I'll need to invest in a case of some description and I've been looking at some of the Cormoran ones that can take two made up rods but I'm trying to figure out how protective they are, anyone using them or have any other suggestions for rod cases?