·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Old school style
J13 blue/white & Black/gold-good lures even if they cast for sh*t

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Great question jon,personally ive never fished with them as im still shxxting yellow in the lure fishing world lol,both great lures that are found on many catch photos from previous years but look forward to reading the replies from guys that have years of experience behind them,
cheers daz

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Both very good (brilliant) lures but the SJT (propper one) is in a class of lures that is on its own.
How many lures out there can you work 'that slow'.
The only thing it does not have is casting ability,,,,,but so what.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have landed a number of fish on both lures but i would go for the JTS everytime. I always take a Jointed Thunder Stick with me when i go lure fishing. They have saved the day many times.

·
Registered
48 Posts
J13 blue/white for me it started the whole thing with my first lure caught bass,,,, stupid lure its cost me thousands lol

·
Registered
596 Posts
My first lures were a pair of blue and white Rapala J13 & J11 which I still have and have caught on both, I also still have a Silver Scale JTS but despite using it for a number of years have never caught anything other than weed on it.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Thunderstick every time. Have had more bass on that lure than all others put together... Remember one session with 6 fish in an hour and all over 4lb, best 7-8, Quite a while ago now though!!

·
Registered
949 Posts
To be fair I think its difficult to draw direct comparisons from these 2 lures as they fish at totally different depths. Try using a J13 over the shallow ground the JTS will master and you wont have it for very long. Fairer old-school comparisons might be between a Rebel J-30 and a JTS, or a Bomber B15-J and a J-13. They're very all good lures in their own way its very satisfying to catch on retro lures. Thunderstick for me mostly anyway, but only cos of the ground I fish.
Cheers,
Ian

·
Registered
330 Posts
Fished with Ed Schliffke in Cornwall many moons ago and all he used was a blue and white J13

I caught by first bass on a J13 which I think was in like a specaled trout pattern.

but now seem to go for the JTS as it has a rattle! but only seem to catch on the blue and chrome. The original issue grey have not seen any action!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts