The Lure Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
I have read the same reports, I got my hands on one the other day.
I think it is a cracking little lure, it is a sinking jerk bait. Looking forward to using it later this year.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
You should all start to add 70 to 100 mm lures into your bags.

Better for clear, cold or both water.

Also better later season when small bait is abundant.

I really rate the Jackson range. Some of the colours don't sit well with UK/GB fishing and
some of the fast flash lures will have limited application but, the ones I've tried, and I've tried alot,
catch fish and, are of good quality.

FR series is a very good lure.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I haven't tried the 80 but do have the 105. When I do fish at the moment, its generally with these smaller lures.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Had a few fish on one of those during the end of last and early this year Si! Very good lures. Dive a tad deeper than your standard minnows.

Seriously, this year Jackson are going to be competing nicely in the UK with the likes of Duo! - albeit with less models available. Quality lures.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I bought one a few weeks back. At the end of last season we had a lot of very small baitfish being smashed senseless by schoolies, a few bigger bass, mackerel, gars etc but finding small lures that cast well, and fish well proved a bit difficult. Hopefully they will be the answer.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Jackson lures, are in my opinion, going to fill some of the gaps in the size, depth and action of what is available at the moment. The finish is top quality and I will also be using them alot this year, the sinking aspects of the FR80 and FR105 is going to be very handy in some situations, and I ove the lines of these plugs, they are chiseled beautifly.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
As I said to **** the other day, I wish I had found these lures before I went to Kenya. As I think the 80mm would prove to be an awesome lure for inshore/green water tuna. Nice and small, sinking reasonable casting weight. So far I have tried the 80mm and 105mm Artists and the 14 athlete Slim. I have been impressed by the quality of these lures so far. The Slim Athlete should be a useful addition, runs a couple of feet deeper than a TM, Casts well and looks great in the water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.