The Lure Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody tried the Japanese jigs in the UK? I think they could really appeal to the preditory instincts of flounder and wrasse.

There are millions available over there, weighing as little as a few grammes. Here's an intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moXt10_eGzE&feature=related and there are plenty of other links from there. Don't be put off by the boating bit at the start.

Like I said above, I'm thinking of getting some for wrasse and flounder (albeit very different fish). Assist hooks will be an advantage in the rocky stuff, and they should look great bounded over sand too.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
No reason why they won't work here.
PLAT sell a small range.

I like the look of them to be quite honest.
Nice reaction type lures.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely. Just seen some nice 7g ones that might even appeal to bream etc too. If I was an angry wrasse, I'd definitely have a go!

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I have seen them many times on JDM sites but they were always too big for the fishing I do. Where did you see the 7gm ones? They must be worth a try and agree they look good for wrasse and flounders.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Tried Madaiis from the boat and shore. More success from boat but probably only because I have only used them as a last ditch effort from the shore.

BTW when I bought them people looked at me like I was nuts (no change there then).

Woof woof

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ben, I have a few japanese jigs from Tacklehouse and Shout in the 5-7g size range, they cast surprisingly well, and are magic on mackerel, scad and even the odd schoolie. Hadn't thought about flounder, But I know a nice clean beach that might be worth a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.