The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

My friend has family in Japan and they are getting some bits and pieces sent over to Jersey.

They have kindly offered me some space in their package (about 1kg I thinK) which will take about 2 months to get here.

What do people think I should use the space for? I'm thinking some soft plastics but TBH, you can get enough from **** or the UK. I don't want to waste this opportunity with something that can easily be found here.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Depends on how much money u are going to spend lol, i would prob go for the mullet feed shallows(large and small) and f-tec lures, henry gilby has got a few japanese sites on his blog which show some realy nice looking lures, what i have not seen in are waters so to speak!
Hope this helps and i am sure u will get a few replies today with beter guiding lol

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Trouble is with ordering loverly toys fron Japan its very dodgy with the postage.
I know its old ground and we have all discussed this before but It really narks me when you get sent "A Ransome Note" from Parcel Force saying that 'you owe them' and all the rest of it.
I have been ordering gear from abroad for many many years starting with America and the last few years Japan etc,I made a mistake and ordered 3 plugs (IMA) from a Jap dealer the other day and got clobbered for £23+ including £13.50 to parcel force 'for their trouble'.
This has never happened to me before and wont again as I'm going to stick to our own shops in future unless its an emergency etc.
The dealer was Oriental Angler but I dont have any problem with them and I know that they find this very frustrating for their customers etc.
Anyway,,,,,,,,,rant over.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some good ideas guys, I'll start scouring some Japanese sites with my Yen converter and see what I can find.

·
Banned
1,900 Posts
How about a nice new 2010 Certate 3000 with some 8-strand Braid to go with it ..... nice!

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Just ordered from Shimreels - package arrived 4 days after ordering via Fedex from Japan ... awesome!
Thats very good.
My order from Oriental Angler took 3 days for 'parcel force' to get there hands on at the depot.
Then of course I had to sort out the finance for the 'RANSOM'.

·
Registered
323 Posts
my mate just got his 2010 certate hyper 4000 very nice . 2months waiting ill just get one of the shelf for you lol $499.00 but can get deals

1 - 17 of 17 Posts