The Lure Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was having probs with the tacklehouse metals, lost a couple after hooking fish, prob paint on the eye causing friction so tried split rings, then thought give the jb clips a try, not only has it cured the prob but made things a lot easier changing between different metals but also different weights to get to diff' depths, 1st time i tried it great results pollock to 4lb and more snipe than i could stand just by choppin and changing constantly, anyone else been using them apart from plugging?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Not been using JBs but nearly always use some form of small Decoy clip. Like you, I've had plenty of days when I've had to chop and change in order to keep catching.

·
Registered
323 Posts
we use decoys for bream fishing constant lure changing dose eventuly wreck them do you have italian snaps comes with swivel hawian snaps for bigger lures i have some new clips coming this week i hope. no knot tying when i figur out how to post a photo will show you them works on a wrap system????

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Doesn't sound familiar Pete. Yeah, post a pic when you can. Sound interesting.

·
Registered
437 Posts
My favourite clip is the Delande Agrafe Rapid. Reliable, light and can change a plug in seconds would not be without them.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
The knotless clips are great, the only thing i didnt like about them was the fact the leader ended up with a curly tail at the end which I always felt i had to snip off. When using them I found it better to tie a double overhand loop in the end if your leader, that way you can change much easier. It will all become aparent when you use them. As it goes for me, I tie direct to the lure these days, unless its a painted or powder coated head.

·
Registered
323 Posts
thanks **** not worried about curly bits always cut leader back in case of nicks but how did the clip hold up for lure changing im getting them in 8lb and 30lb plus did you use the other one lineto line and how did it go?
plus how long have you had them just interduced in to auzz this month you have to remember im in WA wich is 6 months behind the rest of auzz they get gear in eastern states we never see

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about JB clips.

However, I rarely use a clip HRF and never LRF.

I should really when searching the water column for fish and rapidly changing lures though I guess.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I've been using mustad fly clips for my lure fishing
I did a destruction test with 50lb mono and the line snapped before the clip straightened
No way I'll be pulling that sort fo pressure through a rod so I reckon I'm ok there
plus they work out dead cheap
bit susceptible to rust - but I treat them as a single use item and bin them after every trip anyway

Just don't use them to a split ring connection ...

nick

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
keith 1st time ive used them and they did save time and leader, also the the 2 i lost may have been down to snipe twisting like they do when un hooking, dont think i'd use them hrf the s.ps and heads are costly enough when gettin snagged!, peter have a look at ***** website mr fish jersey j.b clip photos and prices are on there, ive used them for a while they'v never let me down(jamo!!!!!!) and there stainless steel so dont rust, not cheap but good tackle never is

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Old news Ben. **** (Mr Fish) got me some last year and since then and that's all I use.
Thought it might be. Haven't heard anybody moaning about swivels for a while, but just in case people didn't realise. I've never tried them myself tbh.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
They are a lot cheaper than buying the full swivel version and chopping the swivel off. Which I did for a year or two. Doh.

·
Registered
323 Posts
looked at ***** shop your JBs are our ITALIAN SNAPS work that one out. picked up my new clips with a pig tail wich you wind the line around very simple and clever tryed to photo but camera not got macro ***** used them before so maybe has pics

1 - 18 of 18 Posts