The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just continuing on from my blog post ...

Rebuilt my Kenzaki Braid rod as a FS light jigging tool ... the existing guides had rotted off and replaced with cheap hardlons as I didn't know how it was going to turn out - new Fuji DPS reel seat and duplon handles came in cheap too ...

spot the difference? yes I went threadless - watch this space as you will see it more and more ...

Oh and a bit of dryland testing - 2kg deadlift and straining and the rings didn't even budge ... I am pretty impressed to say the least!

Took two nights to build the rod start to finish and leave it in the sun during the day to extra cure the BugBond

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
That looks pretty handy, Alex - nice work. I have had a go with the Kenzaki rods and they are great fun. What rating was the one you rebuilt?

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Great looking job Alex...Keep us updated about the Gudbrod coating over the eyes and whether the UV causes any embrittlement and cracking. :wink:

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope all for me - Pollack and Coalie rod for SP's and metals! It was the 6 -12 lbs but with about 6 inchs off the butt and 3 inches off the tip ...

Used BugBond - this stuff is awesome!!!! won't crack or discolour ... the only thing I can liken it to is elastic hard plastic ... but it is a UV cure epoxy gel ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts