The Lure Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the summer of 1995 i had a holiday on Jersey. I was lure fishing for Bass, and as i remember my best fish was 8lb. The reason i am writing this post is because, after a fishing session on the North of the island, i bumped into a young lad who was bait fishing. He was around 10 to 12 years of age i think. He landed a very large Spider crab, then we both tried to remove the hooks from the crab. I chatted to the young lad about Lure fishing for Bass, plus i could have given him a couple of lures.
I was wondering if this young lad took up Lure fishing for Bass and could now be on this forum as we have a lot of Jersey members.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
In the summer of 1995 i had a holiday on Jersey. I was lure fishing for Bass, and as i remember my best fish was 8lb. The reason i am writing this post is because, after a fishing session on the North of the island, i bumped into a young lad who was bait fishing. He was around 10 to 12 years of age i think. He landed a very large Spider crab, then we both tried to remove the hooks from the crab. I chatted to the young lad about Lure fishing for Bass, plus i could have given him a couple of lures.
I was wondering if this young lad took up Lure fishing for Bass and could now be on this forum as we have a lot of Jersey members.
Not me I'm afraid Steve. I'd have been a 32yr old, very large crabby bloke in '95. :-D

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I remember you recounting that in a BASS magazine Steve.

Well that lad will be older, the spider crabs are far thinner on the ground and 8lb bass are a lot rarer.

Best of luck with your search though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts