The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys me and my brother have managed too grab five days off work in september.
The dates are monday the 20th too friday the 24th.
Are flights are booked with easy jet and we fly at about 8a.m. on the Monday.
Neither of us has been too Jersey before but too say were excited is a seriuos understatement.
What i'm after if poss. is some info on the following things-
-best places too stay location and accomadation wise.
- How easy is it too get about/accsess marks, is it worth hiring a car or is public transport and our own two feet good enough too get around?
-Is shore fishing enough or is a boat nessasary?
-What/how much gear should we bring?
Most importantly how much do i need to budget for my visit too ***** den of temptation?

Without putting on anyone too much I was also hoping too meet up with some fellow forum members whilst there. As we all know local knowlage and advice is crucial for success so some pointers or some company would be great.
We are really excited and if all goes well and wives permiting it could become are annual pilgrimage.

Any advice will be greatly recieved. i guess accomadation is the first thing as we need to get something booked. Counting the days already!!!
Cheers Nath.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
I would look up the Shakespeare - its the default angling hotel that alot of us use when we visit - great service and great breakfast and very reasonable prices too!

http://www.shakespearejersey.com

Hire a car - alot of the marks are around the island and getting around is alot easier ... a little fiesta will do the trick - I usually get an Avis hire from the airport :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
hire car is a must,get an over draft for ***** you'l be like a kid in a toy shop!! recomend the shakespeare but seascale.com is cheaper and great food, book a night session with keith thats a big must b4 the hire car, im sure the lads will be up for bumble and have a chat with **** im sure he'l put you on some marks for daytime trips, enjoy

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers for the replies guys. I'll check out the hotels mentioned and start saving for some shiney bits straight away.
Really tempted with a night session with Keith, I'll have a chat with my brother and maybe give him a p.m.
Thanks again guys, helpfull and friendly as always.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Looking forward to seeing you Nathan. Great time to be here in September, the fishing should be in full swing by then. Hire car will definitely be useful to get around (our bus service is pretty woeful apart from Gorey to town or the airport route). As for *****, if you're like me, you'll plan your purchases before entering, then spot all the shiney things all around, forget what you're there for, and give the credit card a good hiding lol. Works for me anyway.

Gary

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers Gary, I think the car will get booked tomorrow. Looking foward too meeting everyone and exploring your beautiful island!!

P.S.- My card is melting at the thought of *****.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
I cant recomend the Shakespeare Hotel enough, Marcus Troy and his team are genuinly nice people and nothing is too much of a problem. They will even cook your fish if you desire, the restaurant is sound, nothing too fancy but good food at good prices. The bar in the hotel is sound, couches to chill out on and even some locals use it as their bar so that says something. A hire car is essential, so is a day or night with Keith. As for my shop........... have you ever heard of a tackle shop offering a home equity credit account?? Ha ha :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello Nathan. Not sure what your preferred styles of fishing are but I'd also absolutely recommend some guiding from Keith and I am sure you'll be welcomed when you are here. I have only recently started lrf/hrf and am just beginning to understand how good it is !

Good luck with your plans Nathan and I'm sure you will have some great fishing.

PS Dont sign any equity release forms...whilst in a certain tackle emporium !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts