The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, what about this for a bit of bass country, this is Seymour's Tower and its approx 2 miles off the shore of south east Jersey. On the high tide you can easily drift around it on the boat plugging. The tidal range here is one of the greatest in the world and can rise and drop by approx 40ft, so thats alot of current and as you can see alot of features, the island increases by a third on the low tide. The low tide is a great time to go out and check potential new bass ground and its also great for a bit of low water fishing, when I took this photo on sunday we had had a great afternoon collecting razor clams and hunting lobster. I just can't wait till spring to start drifting over this ground again trying out all those plugs I've collected over winter. Hope to see you all out there

Seymour's tower with a wintry storm blowing in.

Seymours tower with oyster beds.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeh it is, love it. really different when the tide is in, my friend has asked me if i want to stay at the tower one weekend as you can hire it out, really should be great to watch the tide come in here and do a bit of plugging. Roll on the summer.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Don't you just love it, fantastic in the summer drifting around the towers in the boat.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Beautiful ground Guys,
Scary tides though, Drifting over that lot in a Kayak sounds like heaven to me.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Hears another one taken from Seymour looking towards Icho Tower on a 38ft low tide

What were you doing that far up the beach on a 38ft low when you should have been ormering?? (possibly the only reason you'll get me into a kayak again :)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Beautiful ground Guys,
Scary tides though, Drifting over that lot in a Kayak sounds like heaven to me.
I have a mate who spearfishes and has been known to swim out there and back over high (in his spearo gear). Yes he is mad but he knows what he is doing tide wise.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Also monkey D***s. Big clam type things, up to 15cm long. Super bait. You will see where the nickname comes from when you find one. if you think you are following a razor but can't find it, keep going up to 4ft down...

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Andy I collect these now and then but to eat. What do you use them as bait for?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
They are eaten by everything. particularly silver fish after a blow. they stink some and seem to work pretty well. bit of a secret bait I am told.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts