The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there is a sticky thread above but that seems to be a mix of boat + shore comp!

So with only 5 weeks to go, which will fly by and the Weymouth Festival been and gone in style!

Who on here is Fishing the Jersey Festival - locals + visitors?

I'm intending to fish as much as my body allows, as my Mrs is climbing Killimanjarro the same week and should be hitting the summit at about the same time as last cast of the festival - so that gives me 48hrs of fishing green lights , without using up any points (ten nights free in total) ;-)

Also there is the added bonus of the catch and release section for those that want it, but guess if everyone goes in that there would be no-chance of a lure caught winning the Festival one day which would be great and cause a few head shakes from the masses!

The past 3 festivals I have fished mostly b**t, with the odd lure session chucked in, but this year will be lure only for me and I will eat ALL the squid and cuttles I catch in the run up to the fest this year- i'm done with carting loads of gear to marks for hours on end not wanting to move on due to the effort in getting to the marks!

what are peoples aims and wants from this year fest? - guess we all want a winnner!

Mine is to try and find a parking space at the shakespear on Fri + Sunday evenings ;-/

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I've heard of some ruses for getting the wife out of the way so you can go fishing, but sending her up Kilimanjaro has to be the best! I hope to be dangling a piece of soft plastic during the festival and avoiding my usual disaster of catching my season's best in practice the week before.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Hi Dave
Peter and my self are staying at the Shakespeare , we are arriving on the Wednesday ,so will be having a few hours out and about.

See you there.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm doing it as a team this year I think. I think it will be a mixture of lure and bait for me! I hope to catch a bass and obviously a winning bass would be nice but you never no!

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
I have a car-full of Welshmen coming over with me . . . Luke, Steve, Adam & Iestyn !!! We are all staying at the Shakespeare, and will be arriving on the Thursday lunchtime.

Luke & i will be fishing as a pair, and we'll be fishing lures only, and will be C&R. Our aim will be to land at least one 'in-size' Bass each. Beyond that, we will just look forward to meeting-up with everyone again, and enjoying the wonders of Jersey :D.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Tracey, myself and George are already booked into the Shakespeare. We booked the ferry this Monday to arrive Friday morning . Today we hope to organise baby sitters to look after George.

Tracey and I will fish lure only. I will be in C&R however the ladies competition is weigh in...... I'm already planning my secret weapons (mainly articulated jig heads and super sandras......). Other secret weapons may include a shed load of LRF.....

Having attended last year our target this year is to catch a bass - both Tracey & I only caught pollack last year.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Good point about LRF Jon. Shall we pre-organise a little LRF Bumble for one of the evenings :?: Thursday or Friday evening maybe :?:

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I like your style Simon. Distract the competitors with a fake evening of LRF whilst you go and bag up eh?

Sadly, I shall be missing from this years event and to be frank, I'm gutted. Good luck to one and all.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
I'm flying over prior to the festival and as usual im sure it will be an enjoyable visit.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
If i'm not there it means i've done a runner with the entry money to Norway!

Reactions: Dave Watson

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I,ll be doing it with my son Leigh.Off to Alderney first to fish there specimen only angling festival.If you think Weymouth & Jersey are hard going with little sleep in 48 hours try Alderney,it lasts for seven days!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts