The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1st 8LB 8OZ 6DR Dave Mills (bait).

2ND 6LB 7OZ 10DR Paul Achler(bait).

3RD 5LB 1Ooz Roger(xxxx) Mortimore(lure).

4TH 5LB 5DR Artur Raczynski(lure). TEAM M.Sangan D.Mills 12.3.11.

JUNIOR Adam Lewis 47cm.

BEST VISITOR Roger Mortimore 5LB 10 oz.

CATCH & RELEASE.

1ST Carl Booth 66.5cm.

2nd Paul(mr soft)Butel 63.5cm.

3rd Callum Robertson 52.5cm. TEAM C&R P Butel & C Robertson 116cm.

BEST LURE.

1ST Roger(xxxx)Mortimore 5LB 10oz.

2ND Artur Raczynski 5LB 5DR.

3RD Danny Oglesby 4LB 10oz 3dr.

A very well done to all that entered,without you guys there'd be no festival.A BIGGGG thankyou from Sinkers xxxx.
One of the highlights of the festival was to have 35 visitors over with most staying at the Shakespeare hotel,the craic was brilliant! But what was also good was the exchange of tips,methods,ideas & marks between everyone,with locals quite happily telling visitors what they would'nt tell other locals.Some even learnt something in the hotel went across the road & caught Bass.Whether a longtime lure angler or a novice we all learnt something(thanx).
All on here will be happy to hear that there were more fish entered lure caught than bait, its the first time this has happened(woohoo!).I think all the C&R winners were caught on softies, the best lure was off the top on a Patchinko.

Once again thankyou for entering the festival especially the visitors for travelling over to sunny(ha) Jersey.

Tightlines all Steve

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Just got back from Jersey, fantastic weekend, as always.
The fishing was very hard, the weather well say no more,
i did take a few photos of the conditions but they are so blurry from the rain it looks like the camera was shaking it was that bad.
No bass landed, a few pollack, and a wrasse of 4lb 6oz,
It was great to meet so many nice people again " in the bar " , the welsh drunk the place dry.
Till next year.
A big thanks to everyone who makes it possible.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks steve. How was the C&R received being the first year? Were there any issues? Just interested in general. Cheers.
Seems to have gone well Andy,perhaps more will come out over the next week or two.Will keep all informed if changes need to be made.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Just back in the IoM. A big thanks from me to all the Jersey folk for their hospitality, the weather wasn't kind but I had a great time anyway. ;-) I'll write up my slant on it when I'm less pooped, it was a long weekend with some late nights... :D

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Another great Jersey Bass Festival with memories for everyone involved. I think a huge thank you must also go to Steve Mullins, Steve not only runs himself ragged for months before the comp, he organises prizes, trophies, printing etc etc and still has time to meet up with the Jersey lads and visitors to share fishing marks and tips. Steve also rounded up a sunday afternoon possee of visitors to take them for a wade in the gutters outside the Shakespeare, a last chance saloon for most to catch a bass just hours before the comp ended. Steve knowledge of the south east coast is second to none, he has spent the majority of his working life in that reef and has forgotten more than most will ever know. Roger Mortimore was one of the possee, I had seen roj half hour before he went out with Steve and he told me he was finished and was off for a shower and a few pints. Steve obviously rousted him out the hotel and Roj promptly caught his winning bass on his second cast!!! It just shows it can happen at anytime and you shouldnt give up. Well done to Steve and Roger, best of mates and great anglers. Bontemps.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Hey Steve how did jammy old F*** Roger Mortimer manage to slide in the prizes...????... Did anyone check to see if he'd had the fish on a rack to stretch it.......

Well done Roger

:oops::oops: I hope that is Roger of TSF other wise I'm in trouble....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Many thanks Steve. A most enjoyable trip. Also many thanks for your guided tour. As you know, the fish which I caught were all from one of your recommended list of marks. Soft plastics rule :)

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
A very big thanks to Steve Mullins from Luke & I. It was a fabulously well organised event, that was just a complete pleasure to attend.

One of the highlights was getting to fish the gutters on Sunday afternoon thanks to Steve (& watching Roger catching his winning fish). The whole 'gutters' experience was just incredible, and i cant wait to do it again. Steve was like a Shepherd, with a flock of complete idiots under his control. The only sensible one was Luke, who everytime i looked around, was welded to Steve's side, which was most certainly the safest seat in the house. The rest of us were intent on staying out in the gutters too long, and were having to keep walking back everytime we heard the whistle. But with a glorious evening, the sun on our backs, 1st class company, being up to our waists in water, with Topwater lures pitter-pattering across the surface . . . what could be better ??? I even managed to sneak a couple of little Shirley's on the Z-Claw ;).

We fished hard, drunk hard, laughed hard, and enjoyed a hearty breakfast each morning. I met some new wonderful people, and i cant wait to do it all again next year !!!

I'll get a few pics up & a few more details when i get a chance.

p.s. the Welsh drinking team, definately cleaned-up ;).

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Welsh drinking team actually drank the Shakespeare dry of lager,thats quite an achievement in Jersey.Really enjoyed everyones company, was sad to see you all go. Simon & Steve should be proud of there two lads, i'd like to say they were chips off the blocks, but there nicer than that! Shame Adam was casting so far or he might of caught the one that swam past his leg! Luke was a star, but i really think you should get him waders that don't leak, i nearly disqualified him for skishing when i saw how much water he poured out of them.

Great times all, thanx

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Thanks to all involved in putting it together. I had a great w/e and really enjoyed every part of it.

The c&r section is a great idea and a year or so ago I never really understood fishing to put fish straight back but now, to me, its more about the fishing then the fish. (if that makes sense?) So a massive thanks for making it possible for us to enter and fish a comp without the need of harming the fish.

It was also great to meet alot of new people and even fish with a few.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well, what a weekend :clap:

Early start on Thursday morning seen Adam and I making our way to Si's house at 5am, got to him, transferred our gear to his car and we were off by 6:15, arrived Weymouth at 8:30. The sea was looking calm, food in McDowell's and it was fishing time :eek: Si decided to start the trip with a fish off the beach at Weymouth, rod out and Z-Claw on he fished for 20 mins on the glass flat sea, no fish but Si's holiday was underway :p The Ferry crossing was a breeze and we arrived in Jersey nice and fresh and made for the hotel to drop our stuff off and then on to ****'s, some future missed mortgage payments later we were off to meet the guys for some breakwater fishing, 8 new names to faces, blanket bombing lures and a big fat blank for all it was back to the hotel for some refreshments, some great banter and a recreation of a scene from Full Metal Jacket it was off to bed. Friday started well, a good breakfast and no hangover it was off to meet Paul B who had kindly offered to take us Wrassing, before I had a chance to put a rod in the water, I slipped, tore my waders and pulled a muscle in my back :sad: not a good start to the fishing, Luke was first in, then his second and then third before anyone else had a look in, Paul was next into a fish closely followed by Adam with his first ever Wrasse, Si was next in with his first ever Wrasse, the day finished with Si on 4, Luke on 4, Paul with a sack load, Adam with 1. I blanked :sad: We fished another mark after the registration at the hotel but no more fish were caught ! Saturday started with some torrential rain and Jon Bunyard joining us for today's session, Si was first into a Bass, a nice Shirley at 45cm and then Adam caught this :

His first lure caught Bass of 47cm and won him the first prize in the junior section :p

The rest of the weekend was just a blur :wink: Right some thank yous, The staff at the Shakespeare Hotel for putting up with our late night sessions, Si for driving us there and back and getting Adam his first Bass, this was down to you guiding:wink: the sponsors of the tournament and all the great people I had the pleasure of meeting :clap: Last but not least is Steve Mullins, you are now Adams new hero, your help, support and guidance all weekend was way beyond what I expected, thanks very much Steve, we will be back next year :p

Reactions: steve mullins

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Big congratualtions to Adam Lewis......Well done mate fantastic result....

Will be after some lessons from you when I come down to Wales next time...:wink::wink:

Reactions: Steve Lewis

·
Registered
498 Posts
glad you had a good time steve was great to meet you all, massive well done to adam on the winning bass, like steve said luke and adam are a great credit to you both, see you next year mate.carl

·
Registered
56 Posts
what a nice weekend over in jesey had a good time and had my first ever bass thanks two simon for showing me the mark and thanks to carl b and trev richardson for the congratualtion. :) thank you both:)
and a big thanks to Steve Mullins for talking me out in front of the hotel
thanks again :)

1 - 20 of 46 Posts