The Lure Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 turned up, neil, paul, dave and myself, fished one of the harbour arms, not much to reprt catch wise, dave done well with the wrasse tho and had a nice one,paul had 1st catch lrf styly,neil got into a wrasse and right before the off had a monster wrasse the size of my hand!! no one blanked and was a good craic, nice to get out bumblin, just a couple of pics....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks Gents. Good fun and stuff to learn every time- no question. Got to be better than omnibus East Enders etc, eh?.

Good company and although not everyone will be able to make every week, its a great way to meet up with like minds and gather knowledge, so I hope a bumble can be a regular feature. For me, one of the really great things about this fishing style and this forum is that it is very accessible and everyone is keen to share and teach.

Big day for Rozel Rovers under 14s today (!)so I left a little early, but perhaps I can bring my son next time - he was a bit miffed to miss out !.
thanks again guys.

Can't be there next week but see you soon.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
well done guys...

will join you all on a few of these soon. Couldn't make today as was out slaying em elsewhere.
We had some good rockfish again today.

This week's night highs look good for some LRF fun.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
night time bumbles for sure, anyone wants to arrange a meet just put a post up here with any ideas and anyone thinking of going reply, like paul b said, no pressure. lrf is fun!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Was good to get out today for the LRF/HRF bumble

Have never tried for wrasse in that area, normally pollock on a cold winter night!

I reckon Carl is being a bit to thrash revealing this exclusive mark in the pics above so I have distorted mine for viewing displeasure, just been messing with the photoshop thing really - now thinking should of got pics taken of them on the rocks, close up etc as think they look better on there own - unless its a glory shot ;-)

I was the only one fishing HRF, reins 3"/3grm head got my first small wrasse, then we moved a bit and I put on a curly tail grub 3"/5grm head and 2 nice wrasse followed deadsticking - not had wrasse on curl tail yet so was good to catch.

About 6 weeks ago I moved lighter from rodbar 270 to a shimano dropshot 7' , 3 - 28grm , twinpower 2500 - in the past week I have caught 9 wrasse on it, bite detection is great and finding I am snagging less as can feel a lot more of the ground i'm covering. (do i feel a LRF rod coming soon)

One thing that was not good was early on Paul pulled on a rope to move a illegally place pot in the boulders and seen there was a nice wrasse 2lb+ trapped in it, pot lifted - wrasse set free, fair play paul - I counted about 6 ropes along the boulders and could see 2 pots near me but they where empty!

Maybe for that reason and that there where feathered rods waiting for us to leave so they could fish the spot, it might be worth being discreet as we fish for the wrasse, pollock etc for fun and would hate to see marks get raided for fish stews!

Am hoping this increase of wrasse catches latley is a sign of some good winter pig fishing.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
going by the amount of snagged line on them rocks and the lead swinging off that light opposite, wouldnt have thought it was an excusive mark dave and thought someone mentioned it gets battered anyway and our mediteranian freinds round the corner prob think lrf are a boy band from xfactor!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
going by the amount of snagged line on them rocks and the lead swinging off that light opposite, wouldnt have thought it was an excusive mark dave and thought someone mentioned it gets battered anyway and our mediteranian freinds round the corner prob think lrf are a boy band from xfactor!!
Do you not sleep, or is it the age thing where you get up to pee? ;-)

you wait next year there will be a band LRF!

That was my lead from nights before on B**t..........er not really

1 - 13 of 13 Posts