The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As the season is upon us and the numbers are up, just wanted to see if folks were up for an Egi session in the near future?

I did it for the first time last year and had a laugh, and have been doing it this year as a change of scenery. If anyone is up for a session let me know and I will organise something.

Cheers,

JP

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
I was inked in the mouth last year Paul. It tastes funny.

As I said last night JP, I will be up for it. Hopefully there'll be a few more than last night. Now, where are those warm jackets?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Yep, up for it.

Lets wait for the Ika's first and I would suggest, doing a 4 or 5 hour session but with half of it falling into darkness, not just all in the dark.

Based upon recent experiences, this is more than doable even though the ratio of daylight catches are leaning towards cuttles. However, the Ika's aren't in any numbers yet.

A week or 2 could/will make the difference.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Based upon recent experiences, this is more than doable even though the ratio of daylight catches are leaning towards cuttles. However, the Ika's aren't in any numbers yet.

A week or 2 could/will make the difference.
One of the reason I haven't set a date (also wanted to see about numbers). I was thinking towards the end of Oct, or when the numbers start increasing, I've also been told the 1st week of Nov is usually a good time, bear in mind I'm still new to this, last thing I want to do is get the timing wrong! But definintely think a day into night session is a good idea, gives people the option to come down when they want.

·
Registered
498 Posts
im up for it jay, give us a shout whenever, like keith said the daylight sesh would be good ,then not so many squid squad around, think they only come out at night, seen some biggys around daytime thru the summer

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I had a couple of hours on the Ika's last night. 9 caught and all small (under a pound I'd guess).

However, time to arrange a bumble I think.

Lets not let this idea go as it's a good one.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Although after just saying that, Sat 6th Nov looks alright if the forecast stays the same (I doubt it). High is at 18.18 and a fairly decent size, plus the wind is meant to be around 6mph, what do folks think, you up for a week sat?
I'm not catching on standard 3.5 - 4.0 sized egi's either m8.

I'm on pink sumizoku 2.5 basics right now.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not catching on standard 3.5 - 4.0 sized egi's either m8.

I'm on pink sumizoku 2.5 basics right now.
Funny you mention the pink jigs, thats what mine and the other lads were caught on the other night. Also noticed that those Yo-Zuri Cameleon jigs seem to be popular at the moment, loads of folks had them down at Bonne Nuit, no one caught anything on them this time around though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts