The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not heard of much yet, theres rumours of a 7+ on bait & theres been a few small fish in the bays.Weathers pants over here at the moment but looking better for tonight & tomorrow.Quite a few wrasse caught on softies though.
Just getting kit together for 1st session,will update later tonight.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Best ever day.

Went out this afternoon, after getting caught in the horizontal rains of Friday night/Saturday morning. Tried every topwater lure from our bags and Karen was first to connect on a Patchinko but sadly it managed to wriggle free before we saw what size it was:(. The swell was becoming enourmous by now, and I thought it was worth trying a Rudra 130 after reading how well they handled turbulent water. Second cast, and my rod bends into a nice fish that turned out to be a pollock of just over 2lb. A few casts later, the rod bends again and after a short fight a beautiful bass of about 2lb 4oz is at my feet. A few casts later and again I caught his identical twin:-D. Next, a tiny bass of about 25cm taken in about 10" of water, and finally another bass of about 2lb 8oz:-D:-D:-D. This was definitely my best ever days bassing, nothing to count for the comp, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Gary

·
Registered
894 Posts
A good days fishing mate pleased for you, hope you have better luck tomorrow and nail a biggie :-D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nice one Gary, I've had a pants comp up to now but at least I haven't bust a rod yet. Heading out at 2 in the morning to bag the monster. Good luck

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very hard going so far,weather not good.Best fish reported on bait of 8.8lb, best on lure of 4.10.Not heard whats been caught c&r.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heard of a couple more, a 51cm for Ritchie & a bait caught of 6+.Probably not get chance to put full results up tonight,if i did try it would'nt make much sense(hic!).

·
Registered
540 Posts
Best ever day.

Went out this afternoon, after getting caught in the horizontal rains of Friday night/Saturday morning. Tried every topwater lure from our bags and Karen was first to connect on a Patchinko but sadly it managed to wriggle free before we saw what size it was:(. The swell was becoming enourmous by now, and I thought it was worth trying a Rudra 130 after reading how well they handled turbulent water. Second cast, and my rod bends into a nice fish that turned out to be a pollock of just over 2lb. A few casts later, the rod bends again and after a short fight a beautiful bass of about 2lb 4oz is at my feet. A few casts later and again I caught his identical twin:-D. Next, a tiny bass of about 25cm taken in about 10" of water, and finally another bass of about 2lb 8oz:-D:-D:-D. This was definitely my best ever days bassing, nothing to count for the comp, but we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Gary
Well done Gary great resullt in what must be hard conditions. I`ve spoken loads about the rudra and how awesome it is so always good to hear others doing the business with them as well.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Just got home. I had 3 bass all HRF. The star moment for me was this afternoon showing Carl B how to work a small SP HRF in fast running shallow water when a beast took in 2ft of water in blazing hot sunshine. I don't have the pics as I had to leave my memory card for the c&r photo confirmation for that and a fish Richie had when we were out. I'll post more tomorrow. Only had 6 hours sleep since Thursday... Too busy fishing for sleep!!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
C'mon Andy!!! How big do you think it was???

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Oops!! Sorry just overlapped!!

Great fish well done indeed!

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
It was the smallest of the group of 3 we ended up sight fishing for in a fast gutter flow. Anyway enough teasers I'll post proper tomorrow. The 02:00 finish 06:00 start then a 03:30 startvthis morning has done me in.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Keep flying the flag Andy :)

1 - 20 of 67 Posts