The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Decided to start my research into where to show the locals how it's done... :shock:

The resource... Google Earth.

Can someone local kindly tell me if I am allowed to fish at any of the points marked and whether any of the corresponding "marinas" empty to a ledge or something (which stops it drying completely for the boats etc) at low water?

Saves me some time in looking the info up for myself!!

Cheers for the help!!

Andy

Jersey harbours.jpg
Jersey harbours2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
2, 3 and 4 are fine. 1, is the entrance to the New Marina, it has a ledge which prevents the water from draining out. I'm not too sure if you are allowed to fish there.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Hey Andy,
Just get over for the Thursday night knees up - think Steve Mullins will do another "point you loosely in the right direction" map reading before kickoff on Friday - seriously Steve, **** and Keith helped myself and Tom going beyond helpful (still didn't find your home made bbq mark though Steve!) its worth its weight in gold (oh and my loose attempts at getting them wasted!)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
I have fished the outside arm of (1)

There is a stream bed that runs alongside it.

Actually good for Mullet and Bass of mixed sizes on the right tides.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2, 3 and 4 are fine. 1, is the entrance to the New Marina, it has a ledge which prevents the water from draining out. I'm not too sure if you are allowed to fish there.
Cheers Liam.

When you say ledge, do you mean a ledge which kicks in at say half tide to stop the water so a fair flow of water will still kick up on the outgoing tide??

Do any of them have light on the water after dark?

I can't get over for Thursday, over Friday morning. First time driving somewhere big, used to little Guernsey me!! Once I find the registration which will take til the sunday afternoon i'll have a couple hours before I have to find the harbour again!!

Looking for reserve marks here for when I get knackered walking up cliffs and stuff (about 1 trip then!!)

Have my eye on the top corner, Plemont Area.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
There is indeed a sill on the wall of the new marina, it is best fished on the west wall and on the dropping tide, flick bait or lure back up into the marina and make bait/lure act like a small fish exiting the marina, the usual story really. Dead baits like mackerel haeds can be rolled out too when the tide is lower. Not alot of room there and if someone beats you to it you are struggling already as there are not many places tgo stand, like 1 place and the rest are awkward.

number 3 is the exit sill of a mud harbour, no gates or water remain at low tide. seem bid fish there but a trick place to fish agin, probably could win you the comp or not see a fish kind of place if you know w hat I mea.

You missed another marina there, St Helier marina by the life boat, awkward to fish and maybe impossible from the shore now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I wont be working on the Friday so I'll show you a few spots and how to get to those areas in the Harbour. What time do you arrive?

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Liam, the ferry is supposed to arrive about 10.30. No idea how long it takes to get off with the car.

****, I was specifically looking more for narrower exits from marinas to play imitate the baitfish dragged out with the tide with my Pafex lures fished weightless.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Mark 1 would be your best bet for that then.
I am not sure that Mark 1 is in the bounds of the comp as it might be a no-fishing zone technically. Steve would know.

But if you keep posting marks you'll end up fishing with lots of company. Best take it to the PMs guys.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the look of the gullies on t'other top corner as well. Working my way round the island with Google Earth. Not much access to the cliffs it seems??

Can I send someone some cash and they send me a proper Jersey Perrys guide or something? Not a lot on amazon that's up to date. Just want to see "official" cliff paths and parking areas. I assume the parking off the main routes isn't that paid parking rubbish? It's all free over here. How easy it is to live on the other island...

JerseyNE.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hang up, a carpark!! This looks nice as well. Who's van is that?? Looks like Daniel Fergusuns pre taking a "dip".

Too much Jersey, too little time.

Jersey3.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hey Andy,
Just get over for the Thursday night knees up - think Steve Mullins will do another "point you loosely in the right direction" map reading before kickoff on Friday - seriously Steve, **** and Keith helped myself and Tom going beyond helpful (still didn't find your home made bbq mark though Steve!) its worth its weight in gold (oh and my loose attempts at getting them wasted!)
next time your over will take you there,the other name for it is swonc,top secret known only by some more senior locals!

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Alex, Let me know when your thinking of heading over. I haven't been over and definately fancy giving some of those marks a go. Like you said research for later in the year.

On that thought, when does the shore fishing get going, and when is the shore fishing at it's peak.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts