The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking a walk at the Resevoir and apprently you can fish there.
Anyway we saw some fish, I was just wondering if anyone knew what they were?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
It's a trout fishery that usually has rainbows and browns in it and a few years ago some land locked salmon were put in.

No coarse fishing allowed but I imagine it will hold carp, roach, perch, bream, eels and rudd. Lots of carp, eels and rudd if its anything like the other reservoirs.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
you interested in freshwater Jeremy? I'd be keen to get a day pass and do a little bumble somewhere (not there). I heard St Caths holds some good carp! Paul, any ideas on where? is there somewhere that you can fish for perch?

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Ritchie , i was speaking to a guy last week about st caths , not as many carp left in there now, due to our Polish community clearing them out for dinner ,
One was in ***** last week asking about Val de la mare (coarse fishing ) he was told Trout fishing fly only !!!!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
It happens. I've been banned (along with many others) as a lure fisherman on one of my local lakes. Superb old lake with some monster Pike & Perch but it's nearly always fished by Carpers. In June this year 3 blokes were caught with a large open flat net in the shallows, they were directly targeting the late spawning BIG carp who were mooching and frolicking about. 2 rods both with large spinners trying to foul hook the carp and bank them into the net. The were eastern europeans who'd bought valid annual tickets at £45 a pop just to have a go at the big carp. Needless to say they were banned along with ALL lure fishing with treble hooks and any artificial baits. To say I was peeved was an understatement. Ban's lifted on the 1st October (hopefully) when the carp go deep again.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
It happens. I've been banned (along with many others) as a lure fisherman on one of my local lakes. Superb old lake with some monster Pike & Perch but it's nearly always fished by Carpers. In June this year 3 blokes were caught with a large open flat net in the shallows, they were directly targeting the late spawning BIG carp who were mooching and frolicking about. 2 rods both with large spinners trying to foul hook the carp and bank them into the net. The were eastern europeans who'd bought valid annual tickets at £45 a pop just to have a go at the big carp. Needless to say they were banned along with ALL lure fishing with treble hooks and any artificial baits. To say I was peeved was an understatement. Ban's lifted on the 1st October (hopefully) when the carp go deep again.
sorry to hear that Andy. There is always somebody ready to ruin it for the rest

1 - 7 of 7 Posts