The Lure Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Indeed it is sir. Its all setting up nicely. Snipe started showing last week, Mackerel this week, add the Pollack, Wrasse and Bass, and we have a comp on our hands. All competitors fix up, look sharp.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Indeed it is sir. Its all setting up nicely. Snipe started showing last week, Mackerel this week, add the Pollack, Wrasse and Bass, and we have a comp on our hands. All competitors fix up, look sharp.

I think you are dead right Mark. With Side and Winder on form too it's anybodies race.
The LRF Bandit still seems quietly confident though..

·
Registered
498 Posts
what sort of time you thinking of fishing til keith, just wondering bout clothes etc.., was quizing youre kid b4 about waders, lrf s.p's etc, lookig forward to the bumble mate

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
2,560 Posts
Well im booked to fly tuesday which is doubtful at this time tbh, so im booked on the boat as well as a precaution.

·
Registered
498 Posts
tell me bout it we'v had the mother inlaw over get her back to mainland by air til atleast tues and thats looking doubtful!!!! nightmare

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'd bring waders guys. Some of us are going out late morning. The actual bumble part is literally, all day if you like but the 'race' is from 2-4 pm through till 1.5 hours up the tide.

It's going to be a 12 fish race. 3 X 4 species. i:e 3 of a species done 4 times.

I think it will be mackerel, snipe, wrasse and pollack. Other fish of course count but, if you complete the race card first, you win. It's only a friendly affair though and I encourage people to all help each other achieve a great day. If it gets cut throat etc the competitive side will be cut out of it..

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
That was pretty predictable really! Plenty of time for it to change yet, though saying that, 12mph is still doable. The beauty of that place is that there is so much shore to fish. Is it worth having a word with the puddleduck people to check operating times, price etc?

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I'd bring waders guys. Some of us are going out late morning. The actual bumble part is literally, all day if you like but the 'race' is from 2-4 pm through till 1.5 hours up the tide.

It's going to be a 12 fish race. 3 X 4 species. i:e 3 of a species done 4 times.

I think it will be mackerel, snipe, wrasse and pollack. Other fish of course count but, if you complete the race card first, you win. It's only a friendly affair though and I encourage people to all help each other achieve a great day. If it gets cut throat etc the competitive side will be cut out of it..
I reckon there's a possibility of a gurnard or something more interesting to the east toward the storage boxes.

I'll be out for dinner at a friend's for my wife's birthday and our anniversary, so once again I am spared the chance to make a fool of myself at Takeshi's!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Morning

Is this meet on today?

does anyone know the earliest that will be able to walk back the causeway?, dont have waders but do boots!

and what will be the lastest time can walk out there?

I can possibly make it , def could do with a few tips on techs etc but all depends on times getting back etc

Cheers

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
A bunch of us are meeting to go over at 12.

You should be able to walk off at just after 8pm should you need too.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Cheers keith

Ill see if can get out there then, dont think will make it for 12 tho and think that the latest to walk there is 1pm - might have to get the Duck out if can make it!

Bah couldnt make it - didnt finish work as early as hoped and am on a split shift that would of only given me 3.5hrs to get from work to castle and back to work again!

Hope you all had a good one , maybe next time!

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Was hard, very windy, but...
Some nice fish caught and a good turnout of 19.

Report to follow but thanks for everyone's effort today.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts