The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I have the cabelas jig head mold, round head with barb version. does jigs from 1/32oz to 1/2oz and hook sizes from 1/0 to 3/0. very happy with it, I've made 100s of jig heads. I use owner jig hooks, bit expensvie but good. cabelas and basspro are very expensive for shipping now.

·
Banned
792 Posts
anyone (besides Anselmo / Nick) made his molds himself with silicone like described in an other thread (howto...) by Nick?

Cheers
Thomas

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
The football head ones are good. Just make sure you get Mustad BLN hooks for sea water not the bronze ones. Took me some work but found suitable mustads to fit the ones I have. 32798's for the 60 degree mould with screw lok, you don't need to put the screw lok things in, it works fine without (do it model no FBB-6-SLA) and 32746 for the 90 degree bend with smaller hooks (do-it mold no FBB-7-A).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ivan, go to www.do-itmolds.com for the biggest selection, they charge an extra 35% on overseas orders (may work out cheaper than Cab,s / Bass,P) They are top quality molds, just make sure you get the right style and weights for the style of fishing you intend to do, as its a bit of a faff re-moding them to take larger hooks etc. Also lots of of info on their site to help you get good results. ( "oil those hinges, you wan,em smokin"!)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do-It

Hi Ivan

I should follow the advise of Simon and buy one of Do-It.
Cabelas also sells those buth most of those in their selection are for freshwater use!

I fish a lot with the Spire Point Jig from them in 28, 38 and 55 grams.
Perfect for Bass fishing with softbaits in current water. In the mold also fit different size hooks as on the website form Do It.
You better buy one mold in Europe! Than you don;t pay the expensive USA shipment and the extra charge for the VAT. The USA shops al ship with UPS or one of the others that always cost you extra.

The Spirepoint Molds we ajust a bit and the smal piece of metal after the head we lose as soon as possible. The extra bib of metal make your shad split open.
Hope you understand what i write my english is poor.

greets

Bram Hullekes
www.viskayaks.nl

spire_point.gif do it.jpg

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts