Jighead colours? | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

Jighead colours?

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Wrasse

Hi all,

I'm thinking of purchasing some ultimate fishing vertilight jigheads, but I'm not sure what colours to get. I generally use natural coloured lures so should I be using colours that match the lure or brighter colours that stand out and make a target for the fish?

Any help is much appreciated,

Hugo.

2. Snapper

I haven't seen those Hugo but you could try some coloured ones out? If in doubt though, play it safe.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tarpon

Sometimes I like to have contrast on the jig head versus the body. Some contrasting combinations work very well on my marks.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Pollock

I've recently noticed that using jigheads that match the softies vastly increases catches in my area. It's an interesting topic, I'll be following this thread. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Banned

I must admit to liking a colour contrast too between head and body. I also like big eyes, and stick the 3-D ones on some jig heads.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blenny

I caught well on a Flouro yellow one that came with a pack of soft lures until I eventually lost it. I've been meaning to try some again to see if it makes a difference. I wondered if it was a induced take kind of thing going?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wrasse

Thanks for the advise guys, I think I'll get a couple of black/natural coloured ones and some chartreuse or red ones.