The Lure Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just got back from holiday and then catching turbo flu pretty much upon landing, I haven't been able to get out to take advantage of the good fishing to be had over here at the mo.

Popped out for an hour earlier this week, bright sunshine and clear water, as I wanted to wet some of my plugs because I haven't used them in ages! Asides from a couple of Pollack, also took this chap on a Zonk, which was from a fairly shallow, fast flowing run, where I was sure if I got anything, it'd be a Bass. I didnt mind.

Then popped out earlier today, for a walk and some fresh air more than anything, as still feeling really shoddy from turbo flu. Walked and walked looking for a likely spot with some cover and some flow and activity in the water, then found the spot and had this spritely chap, which took the Feed Shallow 'on the pause'. Was almost like feeder fishing the way the tip wrapped round.

Tide and swell pushed me off that mark very quickly, so walked and walked again intending to do some Wrasse HRF, but the suspended weed was really really bad, so I gave up. I was also divebombed by Blackbacks, one of which actually touched my hair on one swoop, so that was quite scary. I'll hve some better fish to report soon hopefully, as I intend on getting out a lot more from now.

Two observations to finish
1) As much as its lovely to have roasting hot sun, I hate it for fishing. Please can we have maybe 2 or 3 cloudy days a week?
2) After having spent the winter buying very technique specific rods costing me a small fortune, I now find myself using my 7ft 10-30g Bushwhacker for everything! Great for SP's, great for hard lures, love the length, casts well, brilliant fun playing fish! Oh well.

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
Excellent Mark.

Is Turbo Flu more severe & debilitating than the viral strain of Man Flu??? I need to know for future reference.

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was the first time I have ever had proper 'flu', as opposed to just a cold. It was good fun. It kicked my ass!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Done well m8 - good to get a result after beeing off it ;-)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts