The Lure Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a mark has produced bass in the past ( caught a 3lber there), is it likely to be an area that will hold bass most of the time or was it just a one off? i have tried it twice this year without much success but the conditions were terrible. No visibility and huge amounts of weed making fishing virtually impossible.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Llyr,
No real 100% answer to this one, but it the mark holds food sources for the bass, then they will be there if they can exploit the food.
As long as there is weed,reef, baitfish, crab etc, then I would give some sessions once the water colour improves.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah there seems to be plenty of bait fish, and a nice bit of rock sticking out. the 'beach' is comprised of rocks aswell so theres always a nice amount of surf. im heading there on friday for a bash so wish me luck.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Llyr,
I would have a l;ook at the water colour/clairty before fishing too much. While you can catch in dirty water. It would be worth checking if another venue in the local area has better visibilty.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Hi llyr,ide say if the mark has every reason for the bass being there ie kelp,gullies,rocks and food and youve caught there in decent conditions the ide target it again for sure.Boost your chances by fishing first light and try different size tides.cheers daz

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys, i intend to fish on a different sized tide on friday ( not much diifference between high and low) never fished that tide before at that mark. and dave i will certainly move marks if the clarity is pants, i didnt realise clarity was so important until a few days ago. im still very much a lure noobe.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Worth keeping details of Tide height, Tide time, Weather and time you caught fish, This will help getting a picture of the marks you fish, I just take a notebook with me taking down as much info as possible, Hopefully you can get a pattern on how each mark fishes at different states of the tide.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Worth keeping details of Tide height, Tide time, Weather and time you caught fish, This will help getting a picture of the marks you fish, I just take a notebook with me taking down as much info as possible, Hopefully you can get a pattern on how each mark fishes at different states of the tide.
good advice............if you catch at a mark then make a note of tide size, stage of tide cycle, weather conditions, watert clarity and time of day, and you usually will find a pattern that tells you that that is when the fish are there . oh .and if you do work it out can you PM me the details ???????? lol

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i will certainly share info with who ever wants it :). but im a bit far south for you no?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts