The Lure Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Very funny Paul.

Coming from a guy who is buying ribbed and hollow soft lures to fill with secretly purchased scent pastes and flavours too...

I'm shocked at this pictorial outburst LOL...

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very funny Paul.

Coming from a guy who is buying ribbed and hollow soft lures to fill with secretly purchased scent pastes and flavours too...

I'm shocked at this pictorial outburst LOL...
Knew you'd like it. They had some nice Berkley SPs too but if we'd bought all the nice stuff we would have needed a lorry not a minibus.

Would you like me to post a photo of all those scents and pastes and jellies?

On a serious note you will see that they are running a comp if anyone is interested in stretching the bounds of moral decency and angling ethics etc.................

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Knew you'd like it. They had some nice Berkley SPs too but if we'd bought all the nice stuff we would have needed a lorry not a minibus.

Would you like me to post a photo of all those scents and pastes and jellies?
Why, ?
You have them already ?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
My crustacean one smells like cake!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My crustacean one smells like cake!
Don't panic. If its good enough for a pro guide working for another distributor to buy on the sly (Mike. Bob and I caught him doing it) then its good enough for us.

And he reckon it works well on certain hard baits too.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Dougie bought himself 3 0r 4 pots of Gulp, in fact he couldnt get the one he wanted from any of the shops so he hassled the guy on the stand to sell the show one, they said no at first but then gave in, persuasive my brother! Its very good, I ate some of it on the way home.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Ben/Paul,
Where did you get the scent from, I have seen the adverts for it. Heard from a couple of Striper guys that it is worth using. But struggling for a suppiler.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I wouldn't know where to get it now Dave. It was in a few of the shops so I just picked it up on a bit of a whim.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
:muttley: It's Illex. I believe **** has a new account with them(??) so should be able to get some in soon.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Haha. It's Paul's secret. I feel like a right rude-boy telling the world. I won't be welcome back in Jersey :?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
You've not signed up to Paul's 'save the corn' campaign have you ?

I'm told that no pain is felt by the kernels as they are processed !

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
You forget that I used to feed carp corn by the handful!! :-D

Chop it, mash it, flavour it...... full-on corn massacre! If it needs a genre, call it hardcore horror corn.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I don't have any secrets. There isn't much you can't learn with about gear on Google, then for finding fish there's always Google Earth, a pair of binoculars, night vision goggles and a car tracking device LOL.

As for Gulp and other baits that look a lot like it, they have to be an option for those who fancy them. I may stray that way one day....never say never.

I just hope I don't trip over with some of those scents in my bag. Could be nasty. The wife would never believe me......

1 - 17 of 17 Posts