The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to muck about with a flying-C and was rewarded :-D

That last one was the ugliest bass I have ever caught :wink:
These wern't caught at my normal mark, but a bit further up the river where the ballifs hang out.

Decided to take the ugly bass home to show the wife :wink: stopped off at my normal (safe) mark to gut it and bumped into one of my mates fishing for bass with bread, feeling really good today I told him to stop mucking about with the bread and use a plug.

As I was on top of the world I became big headed and said watch this I will show you what you need to do, got my rod out and stuck a z-claw on it and slung it into the distance, a few light jerks and I caught this :-D

My mate's face was priceless, Yeah I was the big headed bar steward that I hate bumping into, but today was my day and it wasn't easy trying to get my massive ego into my works van and I kept banging my big head on the windscreen on the way home. :-D

(if you are wondering what the red is on the z-claw I put some of the wifes nail varnish on it in the belief that a bit of red attracts fish)

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Great day out Pete! Well done!

·
Registered
849 Posts
Nice one Pete, will have to take a few flying C's along next time. Never thought about trying them for bass to be fair.

I take it from the grassy pics you were a bit up the river? Any chance of a PM to let me know a rough area? No secret marks obviously but us land locked suckers need all the help we can get when we dont have the time to explore miles of coastline :)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Awesome fishing matey,I love the flying c pete.Very effective lure on its day.I was fishing a pool once on the river garry in scotland,seen this salmon rise at least 4 times in the same lie.I tried everthing but had a red flying c at the bottom of my bag.Ide put stripes of blue marker pen on the silver blade the day before and thought why not.Third cast and all hell broke loose,it took me everywhere forcing me to jump from rock to rock then ping...it was off..gutted.Went back to the cabin to tell the tale to the misses and kids.As we were chatting the misses said she saw a fish jump in the pool outside the balcony,so off i went with my marker pen flying c,4th cast fish on and landed.7lb salmon not bad in a pool 8ft wide lol.
cheers daz.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Brilliant Pete, what a session that was. We all deserve one of them every so often. Well done.

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
lol just goes to show nothing ventured nothing gained well done

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your replies guys, fishing is a strange sport, many times the conditions look right, the wind is perfect, casting is perfect, confidence is really high, yet I blank.
yesterday felt like I was going to be wasting my time, 2hrs ticked by with a big fat nothing, I got to the point of 'one last cast', okay a few more last casts ... then at the 11th hour my luck changed :)

Chad, sent you a PM.
Darren, congrats on that awesom 7lb Salmon, can't believe it gave you a 2nd chance, catching a salmon is on my species list.

p.s. the trout was 19 inches long.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Nicely Done Pete,
Sure is an ugly Bass (;-)),
Cracking session with the Flying C, could have done with a couple of those in my bag yesterday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts