The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after being up at 6am this morning and ready for leaving at 6.45, getting down to cambourne haveing a nose around the new shop down there looking good guys.
Then a Hearty brekfast at the hotal and doing intro's and finding out where we are off too and so it begins. A cracking bunch of people that i got to meet, the fishing was hard going though thouraghly enjoyable even though is was bloody freezing.
Managed to wangle out 1 pollock on an x layer, first 2 wrasse on x layers and then the final wrasse on a cormoron shimura from **** last week!

All in all a cracking day and enjoyed every minute. Thanks for organizing it guys;-)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tell me about it mate i have only just got the sensation back in to toes and fingers. Though i have been making plans for a randon session tomorow on the wrasse or bass i havent decided yet. Realy good to meet you today mate have to get out again soon on a local session, thanks for driving today as well mate appreciated.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Great stuff.

Where would we be without the Wrasse eh ?

There would be an awful load more blanks and to think, they've been under our noses all this time.

I fully advocate barbless too guys as we start to catch more and more. they are very slow growing and deserve to be looked after.

Nice photo's too.

·
Registered
11,810 Posts
Very nice work Mike :clap: :clap:. Well done on finding the Wrasse. We were hoping to find some, but with no joy. I did manage to land a Bass, but the fishing was far from easy.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Mike, unfortunately we didn't make it as far down as Cambourne.....we stopped off to see Ben and stayed around his patch.
He is lucky to live so close to some amazing grounds, we fished through Saturday while battling the freezing winds, with very little to show for the effort :| However, after a hearty breakfast(FOC :mrgreen:) and a short jaunt down to a place I surfed at years ago.......we discovered this beaut

measuring in at 56cm

Shame we 'missed' the official bumble, but heyho :mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Superb fish there simon mate, maybe meet you at another meet. I keep meaning to fish in Ben's neck of the woods.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi guy's I second all Mikes thoughts , thanks for organising the whole event. well done Mike for sticking with the Wrasse hunting, Thanks Pea for the driving well done on the Gar. A catch is a catch , which is more than I managed even though I was using my new super mix 240 thanks to Mike Symons for selling it to me.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Good work Mike!! Good pictures mate.

And nice work Si!!!! Impressive fish!!! What did you get him on? Might have to try and persuade Jo to let me have a day off this week! lol

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Good work Mike!! Good pictures mate.

And nice work Si!!!! Impressive fish!!! What did you get him on? Might have to try and persuade Jo to let me have a day off this week! lol
She took the Rudra sp in that red/black back affair :D Nothing showed on the soft plastics today :( but was great to see loads of baitfish in the rock pools....looking like small mullet, about 3-4" long??

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Ben can't take the credit for the photos though they fall to andrew, have to employ him as my personal fish photoggrapher in the future i think lol..

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
So what was the best bass landed ?
I was stuck at home Saturday day and night, fished quite close to some of you lot on Sunday . Close to the end of the line.

Had 8 wrasse on 6'' slugos / Owner Sled heads , damm they love those things.

No bass.:sad:

·
Registered
31 Posts
ast week!

All in all a cracking day and enjoyed every minute. Thanks for organizing it guys;-)
Mike
Nice to meet you and Andrew today, like i said i dont have that databank of knowledge of this isnt working what should i try now that you obviously have. It is nice to meet pople who are passionate and knowledgable, proof in the pudding that you were pulling numerous fish out. there are worse places to spend a sunday than up to your knees inthe atlantic and the water is definately clearer than in plymouth

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol, was good to meet you too mate, the more you fish the more options you pick up for where and what to aim for. I am checking out a wrasse mark tomorow afternoon all being well mate after the tides change.
Hitting the old haunts to see if the bass have remained after this past couple of really cold days .

1 - 20 of 23 Posts