The Lure Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
No Alan but I have seen them a few times and they look good. I've got some other makes in the same design but 1-2" long for LRF. I would be interested to hear how they do compared to Senkos etc.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
I have just received 2 packs of these lures from Japan has anyone tried them
I'm expecting a few packs of those to arrive soon too.

Paul, I was hoping to try the 4" ones for LRF: is the general thinking that they'll be a bit on't large side? Where'd did you procure the littler ones?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Not seen those Alun - what size are they? I know there is a very good angler who fishes with something similar around Portland to great effect on light gear. Should be terrific.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
I have just received 2 packs of these lures from Japan has anyone tried them
They were on sale in the Nantes show Alan and some of the guys who were there bought them, they look fantastic and with the ribs all the way down the body I reckon they will vibrate like hell on the retrieve, I think they will account for some good fish, let us know how you get on with them. It's a shame they have been on sale in Japan for ages and now in France, we in the Uk have to buy abroad just to keep up with all things modern, shame that !

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I'm expecting a few packs of those to arrive soon too.

Paul, I was hoping to try the 4" ones for LRF: is the general thinking that they'll be a bit on't large side? Where'd did you procure the littler ones?
Rival makes like Reins off the stands in Nantes Tim.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
I've got the small ones 2.5" I think and the big ones 5.8". I've used the little ones on a small jig head and the biggies weedless & weedless + nail weights. In both cases the tail wiggle is immense, it's really pronounced. I have only tried them out a couple of times and found they don't sink to quick weedless so it's possible to wind really slowly, lift the rod tip and get a great V wake and the tail still wiggles. Some paddle tail baits only paddle when they reach a certain speed, these work at any speed. Fantastic if you ask me but yet to find enough time to hook a fish.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've ordered some from Shimreels.

Love the ribbed body and the paddle tail.

In fact I really prefer paddle tailed softies, maybe I'm lazy!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Has anyone used the basstrix swimbaits? They're like a tube/shad style soft plastic swimbait. Awesome colours. Nailed pike on the 5" version with a 6/0 Owner beast weighted hook. In winter they worked with an uber slow retrieve just numbing bottom.

Going to fish these more this year. There's a similar bait to the keitech called a skinny dipper from tackle warehouse, will be throwing these come June 16th.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts