The Lure Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She has told me, I fish to much and unless I cut it down, I am going to get booted out!....lol I TOLD HER THAT I LOVE FISHING MORE THAN HER, which didnt go down to well....doh.

Have any of you guys found out how to manage your woman! and to keep her happy whilst your out fishng................ and dont say buy her a power tool either, as ive tried that!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Ooooops!!! :p

Find her a hobby mate. Something that coincides with good tides. Coarse, you'd have to take the kids with you but it'd be a free pass!

OR, make the kids' pocket money directly proportionate to the amount of times they ask to go fishing with you each week?.... Heheheheee. Again, free pass!! ;-)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
You might have something there mate, of topic: ive got the jacket like u now in Red..he he
Tart!! Waist waders...... lifejacket.... something tells me Nathan Taylor wants to be Ben Field!!! :lol::rofl:
Good aren't they!

·
Throbbing Member
3,879 Posts
She has told me, I fish to much and unless I cut it down, I am going to get booted out!....lol I TOLD HER THAT I LOVE FISHING MORE THAN HER, which didnt go down to well....doh.

Have any of you guys found out how to manage your woman! and to keep her happy whilst your out fishng................ and dont say buy her a power tool either, as ive tried that!

Nathan

Simple answer divorce her.

I did, it cost me a lot of money, but I'm with someone now who encourages me to go fishing, not like my ex. And what's more important I am much much happier these days.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Last year I did as much product testing as I could... which meant an awful lot of fishing :D Testing is now over and I don't fish as often... I now get from my wife "aren't you going fishing?" my response is usually "well if I must... but only for half a day" :D

·
Banned
2,432 Posts
Its a very difficult one this,,,I have the same problem.
I cant do anything like the amount of fishing that I used to do more so now that we have a toddler of 2 1/2 years (he loves fishing).
We have lots of long weekends and I tend to do short sessions very early morning (first light) and evenings,this way it dosn't interfere with anything else that may go on.
I have found that when you get married things have to change a bit,just fish when it dosn't cause her any problems.
We go away lots and if its a week then thats a minimum of 14 sessions plus the odd bit during the day.
Do I envy those that can fish all the time ? YES,,, but I have been there and for many many years enjoyed that life of being able to do what ever I wanted and having the cash to do it etc.
Things change but all you have to do is modify your approach.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Hi Nathan DIVORCE It sure worked for me Now fish with my partner and best friend she loves it Mind you it will cost a few quid to go down that route

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Sleeping pills in her food???

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Must be something in the water at the moment! I thought I had it made, a lovely girl who wanted me to go fishing, would often take me or base our holidays around my fishing, then took up photography so we could enjoy our breaks together while also enjoying our space... The perfect couple. Happy, loving, never had a single arguement. Except yesterday she told me she wanted to go away on her own more, concentrate on her photography and so couldn't continue the relationship. She thanked me for encouraging her and helping her grow but that it was time for her to be selfish and do what she wants from now on.

Devastated. Take nothing for granted boys

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Must be something in the water at the moment! I thought I had it made, a lovely girl who wanted me to go fishing, would often take me or base our holidays around my fishing, then took up photography so we could enjoy our breaks together while also enjoying our space... The perfect couple. Happy, loving, never had a single arguement. Except yesterday she told me she wanted to go away on her own more, concentrate on her photography and so couldn't continue the relationship. She thanked me for encouraging her and helping her grow but that it was time for her to be selfish and do what she wants from now on.

Devastated. Take nothing for granted boys
Rob unlucky mate .... may be she just got fed up taking pictures of you and your Tackle..:rofl::badlol:

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Gutted Rob. Chin up mate!

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
tough break there lads, caught between a rock and a hard place, but one things is for sure if you let the other half start to tell you what to do,you aint ever going to be happy.......

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Fishing has always been the most important thing to me, even through my dating days.I decided early on that i would stick with the girl who put up with fitting her life around my fishing.I said the same thing to each girl 'YOU CAN INTEFERE WITH ME ANY WAY YOU WANT BUT YOU MUST NEVER INTERFERE WITH MY FISHING'.Most would make all the promises early on, but after a few months the personal interference would get less & the fishing interference increase.Thats when i'd say goodbye.10 years later & many fine captures(including crabs!) i met the woman of my life,works,cooks,cleans,plenty of interference & never stops me fishing.
Guess what i'm tryin to say is, they are out there you just have to try quite a few before the right one turns up.Maybe you did not try many Nathan & thought you better stick with the one you've got in case another one did'nt come along.
ps you cant beat talking

1 - 20 of 45 Posts