Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just thinkin guys,how many of you glue your braid to leader{glued knot}
,and if so what glue do you use?cheers daz

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Yeap, I use a locked albright and then use a drop of of waterproof super glue. Pick your glue careful, as most super glues aren't waterproof.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Dave, can you explain what you mean by "locked" albright? As mentioned before, I tend to get a weak spot in the fluoro right below the knot so this is something I am keen to work on this season.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Tim,
I take the tag end of the braid around the braid mainline, and wrap it four turns towards the albright inside of the loop. As this pulls tight it locks the tag end and stop any chance of the albright working loose. The weak spot under your albright could be caused by how you tie it Tim. Keep the wraps as neat and tidy as possible, then wet it before pulling slowly tight. It is a very common problem when tying the albright with two sections of mono. The trick is getting all the wraps to pull down together. Next time we are on the same mark, I will show you. Also worth saying it is easier to get a strong knot with hard compound fluro's than soft ones.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Many thanks, Dave. I'll look into those. I try to be neat and always wet everything before pulling tight but I am a bit of a clutz! When either of us is snagged (I have to tie George's leaders for him!) the leader always gives at the albright knot.
Are you going to join us in April for a look around some marks in West Wales?

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
Tim,
I will do my best to be there in April, got to keep up the english invasion!!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Getting back to the question, yes I superglue my leader knots.

I tried to learn the reverse albright knot this morning to eliminate the weak spot that Griff reported. Test so far have move the weak spot to the tip of the braid entering the albright knot. Not surprised as I am useless at tying knots....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts