The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since having all my bass from the north coast a few weeks ago the shirleys have been showing themselves on the south coast. I'm very thankful for this as I cannot afford the diesel for north coast runs all the time.
Have had 9 in total and they have come from various spots in my area. Unlike the north coast they have all fallen to hard plastics and in particular my most productive lure the yellow white (chartreuse) patchinko. This lure just never stops amazing me and is now my bass finder. I use it to locate the bass as it invariably gives the location of fish away. I usually get a take but even if I dont get a take I will at least get a swirl or a boil behind it, I would then break out a shallow diver such as the red/gold sld flyer, tide minnow sldf, ima nabarone or zonk yo ro ro to nail the fickle fish at depth.
My PB shore caught bass(one slightly bigger on the kayak last year) came last sunday when casting over a shallow reef with the tide on the flood filling the gullies and shifting the baitfish about. I had been watching some fish movement and casting to it then out of the corner of my eye saw a good swirl to my left, cast to it and bang fish on. The fight was electric and my heart was in my throat until the fish was in my hand. It was a fine 4 1/4lber and 60cms long.
!5 mins later and had another at 2lb but then when the tide slacked off to high the fishing went dead and it wasnt until 1 1/2 hrs after high when the tide started to run again that i had any more action. The patchinko got slammed by what felt like another good fish and played it for a minute or two before it came off the lure 5yds from my feet. Was a real pleasure/pain session but couldnt complain at all.
One thing i'm really noticing this season or at this time of year is that tides are critical for each individual spot I go to and the window of action only lasts for an hour at best.
Heres a few pics from the most recent fish. 288533645l.jpg 314715804m.jpg 922518117s.jpg 394110024m.jpg 354983460s.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Excellent report and pics Luke, great days fishing, well done :-D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nice one Luke.
Always good to hear about people getting amongst a few fish.
I just need to work on a 3 day a week job so i can fitting the fishing i want through the summer!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Nice one Luke! Always weird seeing fish coming out of flat calm water. When it's like that up on this side its usually a real struggle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts