The Lure Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided at the last minute to go out for a quick cast,friends who had fished the estuary earlier had blanked, so I decided to hit a local beach mark. When I arrived the wind was blowing from the SW, and there was a good surf running which I was more than hopeful that the conditions would stir them up. A rocky reef runs parallel to the beach, I waded out and began working the Patchinko;third cast and the Patchinko was nailed in an explosion of water, the bass took off across the surf at a fair lick and he gave a great account of himself. The fish weighed 5.5lb on the Boga. I got two further attacks in the fading light, but missed both as the surf was getting very messy. The weed effectively put an end to a brief session. Fishing the surf is certainly a very enjoyable way to fish, it presents its own challenges,but looking forward to giving it another go with the SPs at the weekend.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice one Bob fished in similar conditions last night with a nice swell breaking around a reef only one fish and a couple of slashes at the patchinkos between 3 of us before we got pushed off by the tide, exciting fishing alright when you know the fish are there, the waves breaking around reefs just screams BASS!!! Well done...

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James, Sounds like you found yourself a gem of a spot, great feeling when it comes together.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
247 Posts
Super fish Bob, patchinko in the surf, thats a new one for me, I've had a few bass on them but flat calm conditions. Well done I'll keep an open mind in future.

·
Registered
149 Posts
well done bob,
great to take them off the top...i had 2 3lbers on the good old shiner during the wk..i am goin to give it a
good lash sat...should be good with fresher conditions...cant wait now..****

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Bob, excellent work in surf conditions. I would never have thought to fish the patchinko with the surf running! Food for thought....

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Hello Tim I would be new to this type of surf fishing,The interesting aspect is that when I casted the lure directly in front of me there was no interest,however when I casted the Patchinko at a 45 degree angle and worked the lure 'across the surf it grabbed their attention.When the surf got too sloppy however the patchinko was been blown all over the place and the two strikes were missed possibily as a result. A subsurface Surf Tide Minnow or Zonk was the way to go but the weed had got very bad at that stage.
regards
Bob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts