The Lure Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was off after the elusive Giant Goby on a lure last night. And it didn't go well. They simply were not at their usual spot despite a good try, and there's nothing else at that mark.
So... I went to find J-P who as usual was where I thought he would be and having a hard time.
I put a weeny little lure on and was soon into a decent fish... Huge it was!! lol...
A bit later I had another take which was a larger fish about the lb mark, nearly...

Then it went quiet and we started to muck about. I put a plain white pork rind on a 0.5g head and size 10 hook and flicked it as far as I could, just really really slow. Then I had a crashing tke and screaming reel, it just didn't stop running but being the calm type and not in any way excited I calmly tightened the drag and played it in gently. Wondering if I might have a shiny on the end as it was still running and rod bent double (2-10g Salty Shot) but unfortunately it turned into a baby pollack. This one had evidently had his weetabix!! You can see the pork rind sitting next to him.

We carried on for a bit and nearly had a new species on LRF softies... SQUID!! We both got them near to the wall but unable to hook them proper and not having any jigs in the vans it as not to be as the net was too short. Mine took the pork rind and JP was on a Venom senko worm I think.

It was really hard. Flat calm, no wind, hardly a ripple.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
Nice one Andy! Its heart stopping in the first couple of seconds when the Pollack smash it and run, it could be any size. We were also out last night, was a lovely evening to be out. Was a welcome relief to be able to feel my hands for most of the night! I know what you mean about the Egi's as well, I put one in my bag as soon as I got home from last nights session...

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Awesome Andy !

I think it actually takes people to fish LRF to appreciate the blast that hooking a 1lb fish or less can be.

We were plagued by Ika's last night too. Strange really as we don't get squid in March.. LOL

I think traditional information has to answer for some huge blunders to be honest.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Showing the way in Guernsey Andy boy ! well done .

·
Registered
6,673 Posts
By the way Andy, well done on getting your pic in the latest BASS magazine! Have just seen it on the back page

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cheers Mark. A good advert for SP's I reckon!! It's not all about big crab baits (though that will take a lot of work to convince people)...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts