The Lure Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its gone very quiet on here lads , is anybody getting any lure action ? Or bait for that matter?

I had a bass just under 5lb on Friday on a plug ...............i was expecting a few fish to get caught around the place on saturday with the moon set and sunset so close together on the newmoon .
Couldn't give it a lash myself as had a club meet with Gordon Thornes on ballinwilling , the lads were catching painted rays for sea angler article.

Did anyone get in on some action or are the fish heading off early this year??

Its been fairly disappointing weather this last month or so ..................

·
Registered
403 Posts
Danny, friend of mine who normally is a lure man fished Courtmac last night,using Peeler (Tis the Devils work:mrgreen:) plenty of schoolies and codling, so no reason they will not take a SP, worth a go.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
Had one of the best days of the year on Sunday last Danny 17 fish with 8 bass to 6lb couple of 5lb ers aswell the 2 lads with me had a load of fish aswell... through all stages of the tide we had wrass, bass,coalies,pollock and mackeral......saw loads of fish about aswell who were not interested in what we had to offer....top lure of the day was the yellow patchinko..... with tide minnow surfs...storm sandeels.... xlayers....hazedongs....145sld and slim model tide minnows also working... feed shallows and z claws all playing a part as well....

·
Registered
825 Posts
Had one of the best days of the year on Sunday last Danny 17 fish with 8 bass to 6lb couple of 5lb ers aswell the 2 lads with me had a load of fish aswell... through all stages of the tide we had wrass, bass,coalies,pollock and mackeral......saw loads of fish about aswell who were not interested in what we had to offer....top lure of the day was the yellow patchinko..... with tide minnow surfs...storm sandeels.... xlayers....hazedongs....145sld and slim model tide minnows also working... feed shallows and z claws all playing a part as well....
nice fishing danny well done.

·
Registered
87 Posts
boat or shore barry? i'm guess'n boat...good day eh

danny..got 1 yesterday...first in 17 days.. :(

·
Registered
3,347 Posts
boat or shore barry? i'm guess'n boat...good day eh

danny..got 1 yesterday...first in 17 days.. :(
Jim we were on the shore fished high water down and the first 3 hours of the flood had to head home, things have not been to hectic on our hunting grounds of late either,but things went well that day.....looking forward to next week, off on holidays till satarday week hopefully the weather will calm down for a few days so i can get out for another shot at a few bass......

·
Registered
149 Posts
we fished an open shore rambler on wed night and one lad had 2 shy of 5lb on razor..so there are a few in west cork all the time..hope they stick around...codling have also showed in the estuarys up to 2lb.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts