The Lure Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was in Pwllheli on Saturday afternoon, wet, weed everywhere, blowing a hoolie and very cold. I lasted about a dozen casts. Should have gone to Barmouth where it was more sheltered.

Had a bit of a trip out on Sunday evening, met up with Mo and headed to a small sheltered dock in North Wales where an estuary empties out into a deep pool at low water. I saw huge shoals of mullet, bass attacking baifish and sea trout jumping all over the place when I've previously fished it with bait and the tide was what I'd consider ideal, with the first of the flood just as darkness approached so was full of anticipation for this one.

We'd set off earlier than planned but I sorted that out early by successfully getting us completely lost! Found the venue and set up knowing that it was a waiting game until we had a bit of movement in the water around 9:30. As dusk approached, all the sandeels started appearing at my feet and the angling senses switched on... Not long now...

Couple of fish topping further out (sea trout) and the occasional splatter of escaping baitfish...

Tide began to start drifting in as darkness approached... Looking good....

Didn't know Mo had also arranged to meet a few lads for a bait session up near Blackpool at 11pm and we had to pack up early!!! Good to see that something was chasing sandeels, maybe the crab fixation is nearly over. I think SP's would have been useful for over slack water as I know it's teeming with flounder and plaice.

Oh well, it wasn't to be this time but I'm sure we'd have seen a fish or two if we had fished it hard into darkness. Good company, pleasant venue to fish with lures and more info to go into the diary to learn from next year!

·
Registered
687 Posts
thanks for the report rob.ive always encountered weed in pwllheli when ive bait fished for bream for some reason:-(

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sorry about not organising the trip better Rob. I thought lure fishing finish when its dark...i'm so sorry. Lets organise another one eh.. enjoyed the trip so much , i was still thinking about it today. Next time we will catch something hopefully the lures you gave me, thanks:-D.

Mo

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
78 Posts
you know what evening and nights are time that i'm usually free, we could do another session like before till late night. No worries about transport i'll sort it out.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
had the same problem saturday at shell island rob,weed was to much,even for the surf rods..the weed weight was snapping traces.so we sat around the fire, drank,talked poo and compared lures.cheers daz

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Unlucky Rob, keep at it mate they will come :-D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts