The Lure Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought that i'd get out & have a go this afternoon, Guns already out when i called so met him at the mark. He was looking remarkably well for a man that had a 4am party the night before, he did confess to a walk up the beach for a little 'lye down'
Anyhow, thought i'd have a go with the new Firefly Ultralight outfit. Got to say that for the money i wasn't expecting much put it's pretty good. Quite happy slinging little 10g dexters, Small Chug Bugs right dogn to small soft plastics on weightless texas hooks. Unfortunatley there were no fish to complete the product testing. Did see a Sea Trout leaping clear of the water & another sizeable splash from what i presume was another one.
There were around a dozen baiters fishing over by Appledore lifeboat station, so will be looking out to see if therre were any fish caught by them.
Although not great on the fish front, it's definatley whetted the appetite for the forthcoming season, and good to see the lures having a swim and seeing how they work.

·
CoFounder & Retired Admin
6,295 Posts
Good effort though, I take it you had some nice weather then its been glorious over here today. Shame you didnt hook one of thos eseat trout on your light set up, now that would have been a laugh.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Well done there Jez, it will be interesting to find out if the bait boys did catch anything ! the water has been cold of late, it is still under 8 degrees.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
Who will be the first to catch something on the Firefly in LRF guise? There must be 5 folks with one on this forum now...

oh, well done for getting out, we had a really cold pea souper here today.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
If it had been less windy on Saturday, Tim I would have fancied my chances. Where we were fishing the wind was blowing huge bows in the line even though we were fishing directly beneath our feet! The little lure look awesome though and I have no doubt aboout the rod being capable enough.

We'll have to set up a "Firefly Silhouette" group!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
12g
i was giving it a go yesterday with some J11 & J9's
Flicks them out really well & the feel for a £25 rod is pretty good
Looking for some small WTD surface lures to use with it now.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I was fishing light jigheads. 3.5-7g and it was quite happy.

·
TLF Admin
7,123 Posts
If it had been less windy on Saturday, Tim I would have fancied my chances. Where we were fishing the wind was blowing huge bows in the line even though we were fishing directly beneath our feet! The little lure look awesome though and I have no doubt aboout the rod being capable enough.

We'll have to set up a "Firefly Silhouette" group!
What was the little lure?

I'm goin chuckin this afty, I'll try and get off to an early lead! :-D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thought that i'd get out & have a go this afternoon, Guns already out when i called so met him at the mark. He was looking remarkably well for a man that had a 4am party the night before, he did confess to a walk up the beach for a little 'lye down'

I fell asleep for about half an hour I think up the beach. (I had me red rod under my arm though just in case someone tried pinching it when I was asleep). Went to bed 6pm after just 3 hours sleep from the night before and woke up 13 hours later, lovely jubbly. I'm too old for this partying now (40 this year)!
Well done Jez on persevering. I don't think it will be long now before they arrive. I can smell success.
Your light outfit was very nice and your reel balanced well with it. Be good fun to see it bend over with a half decent bass on.
As always , a pleasure to fish with you

·
Registered
18 Posts
think i was at the same spot sunday before last jeremy.had 3lb sea trout on tackle hse
no 3.know that place reasonably well,but no bass.tried the mouth last wed.....scary place

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Nice one, quite a trip down from Brizzle.
And it pays to know your way around at the mouth, have had a couple of 'brown trouser' moments trying to make my way back, but....
Feel free to get in touch next time you're heading down.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts