leader and soft plastics | Lure Anglers Forum - Lure Fishing Forum UK (Bass, wrasse..)
Forum Supporting Contributions Upgrade Here

leader and soft plastics

Discussion in 'Tackle & Tips' started by {name}, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Blanker

may be a daft question but ive tied a fluoro leader to my braid,ill be fishing up here in Northumberland for Pollock of the rocks with soft plastics,ill be using a cone head above the hook/lure,if I want to tie a few up on say 10 inch of fluoro ready to use is there a way to attatch them to the leader so I don't cut the leader each time,i guess a swivel would cause the lure to spin when working it back,i have some small rings that get used in carp fishing so anyone use these to do this ?
    thanks in advance for any advice

2. Pollock

Hi Peter

Im pretty sure James Bass on TLF used a very small ring to attach his leader to braid, you could PM him to see which ones. I met him a couple times and he indicated he got on fine this way.

3. Blanker

thanks for reply

4. Bass

I would just put a cone head on to the length of leader and then a lure clip. Change the SP at your leisure, you may wish to put a small bead between the two as I've found the cone head can bang on to the clip and pop it open sometimes.

5. Pike

Alternatively, you could use a Spro bottom jig or similar along with a lure clip. Tying on a new leader section every time you need to change lure seems a bit more of a fiddle.

Attached Files:

6. Perch

I usually just rig a standard texas rig - cone weight followed by bead then hook. If you want to change hook size or weight then just cut the leader at the hook, change what you need to change and tie the hook on again. I use the palomar knot which is really easy and quick to tie so takes about 1 minute in total to swap weights or hooks. This will probably be the most weedless method, but the way David has mentioned will work if you can't be arsed tying a new knot every time you want to change it up
    I also use the spro bottom jigs and similar that Danny mentioned, which work really well and make changing hook/weight really easy.

7. Blanker

thanks for help,ill have a look online for the spro bottom jigs.ill need to use the most weedless method as ill be casting into--around the kelp beds

8. Blanker

looks like ive been well ripped of with the spro bottom jigs--lol.bought the first lot I came across on ebay (£7.49) a pkt x 2 from a well known shop, then see them all over for £2.99 a pkt, teach me to look a bit before I buy-lol

9. Blanker

they have said there was a error in the price and are sending me some more on Monday so happy with that

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chub

Checkout the leadheads called cheburashka. They come in various types and much cheaper.
    http://www.powerboats.lv/en/ishop/fishing/jegheads-and-weights/weights-cheburashka/
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10pcs-x-j...hash=item3d1bbf0763:m:mnkao-piEGdk_eJ96gDQc9Q

• Like Like x 1